From: M100C on
All,
I've got a HP Mini 1000 Win XP netbook. Now running Hardy Heron very
nicely. Would like to upgrade the wifi card from the Broadcom BCM4312
to an Intel 4965AGN. Hoping for better performance ...

I tried this switch awhile back, and on boot, I got the following
message during POST:

Unsupported Wifi Card

To get the computer to boot, I had to revert and reinstall the
BCM4312. Later, I rec'd a kernel update, and when I check the site
below, it appears the card in now supported directly in the kernel
(currently running 2.6.24-27-generic):

http://intellinuxwireless.org/

Anyone had success with this card/kernel combination? Seeking advice
before I dig back in again.

Thanks,
M100C

From: Trevor Hemsley on
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:03:45 UTC in comp.os.linux.hardware, M100C
<clbeltz(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried this switch awhile back, and on boot, I got the following
> message during POST:
>
> Unsupported Wifi Card

If that's truly in POST then it's a BIOS message not a kernel one. Hope for a
BIOS update to lift the restriction - HP want you to buy a card from them that
they do not blacklist :(

--
Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com