From: kiran on
I am holding a new version of MB model 785GM-E65 with 1TB HDD still i
am unable to make dual boot with WIN 7 and unable to install linux
RedHat 5.0 it shows an error as kernel pannic and system hangs. can
any one give me solution to make a dual boot with linux installation.

MB - 785GM-E65
AM3 Socket
DDR3 RAM 2GB
From: Dan C on
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 17:37:03 -0800, kiran wrote:

> I am holding a new version of MB model 785GM-E65 with 1TB HDD still i am
> unable to make dual boot with WIN 7 and unable to install linux RedHat
> 5.0 it shows an error as kernel pannic and system hangs. can any one
> give me solution to make a dual boot with linux installation.

Sorry, running Linux requires a 3-digit IQ. You don't qualify.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as Yoda told him of another Pooh.
From: Henrik Carlqvist on
kiran <kkiran1976(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> unable to install linux RedHat 5.0 it shows an error as kernel pannic
> and system hangs. can any one give me solution

Usually when you get a kernel panic you also get a more detailed
explanation of what went wrong. Even if you don't understand that
explanation yourself it will be useful for anyone trying to help you. It
would also be useful to know exactly when you get the kernel panic. Is it
during installation? Is it some time at first system bootup after
installation? What had been done exactly before the kernel panic, and more
interesting; what was the next step for the kernel when it got panic?

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost

From: John Martin on
On 2010-03-10, Dan C <youmustbejoking(a)lan.invalid> wrote:

> Sorry, running Linux requires a 3-digit IQ. You don't qualify.

Not true. I have been using Unix/Linux for over twenty years now and only
have a single digit IQ.

--
John

From: Lusotec on
kiran wrote:
> I am holding a new version of MB model 785GM-E65 with 1TB HDD still i
> am unable to make dual boot with WIN 7 and unable to install linux
> RedHat 5.0 it shows an error as kernel pannic and system hangs. can
> any one give me solution to make a dual boot with linux installation.
>
> MB - 785GM-E65
> AM3 Socket
> DDR3 RAM 2GB

You need to post a much more detailed description of the problem or no one
will be able to help you. Describe the exact steps you take that end in the
system hang, along with as much detail as possible on the kernel panic
messages.

Regards.