From: General Schvantzkoph on
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 17:37:03 -0800, kiran wrote:

> I am holding a new version of MB model 785GM-E65 with 1TB HDD still i am
> unable to make dual boot with WIN 7 and unable to install linux RedHat
> 5.0 it shows an error as kernel pannic and system hangs. can any one
> give me solution to make a dual boot with linux installation.
>
> MB - 785GM-E65
> AM3 Socket
> DDR3 RAM 2GB

Do you mean Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.0? The current version is 5.4,
chances are 5.0 doesn't support your motherboard. In fact if this is a
desktop motherboard with a recently released chipset there is some chance
5.4 doesn't support it, Redhat is slow about adding desktop hardware
support, RHEL is for servers. Fedora 12 is a better choice for desktops,
that has the very latest kernel so it will support almost everything. If
you need RHEL compatibility for commercial software then you can run RHEL
or CentOS as a VM on top of Fedora. Fedora has the KVM virtual machine
built in, it's very easy to use and it's performance is terrific.

To summarize, try the following

1) Install Redhat EL 5.4 or CentOS 5.4. You didn't say if you had a RHEL
license. If you aren't a subscriber then you should use CentOS 5.4 which
is a clone of RHEL, actually it's a little better because it includes
everything from all of the variants of RHEL. My guess is that this will
work for you.

2) If RHEL/CentOS 5.4 won't install then you should use Fedora 12. Fedora
12 will almost certainly work on your system. If Fedora 12 doesn't
install then you might try the latest version of Ubuntu, however if F12
doesn't work I doubt anything else will.