From: Justin on
For the life of me I can't get this PCI Simple Communications controller
to be recognized under Windows 7.
What driver am I supposed to use? I tried a bunch from Intel's site -
no luck.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6558/windows7controlpanel.jpg
From: Bob Bailin on

"Justin" <justin(a)nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
> For the life of me I can't get this PCI Simple Communications controller
> to be recognized under Windows 7.
> What driver am I supposed to use? I tried a bunch from Intel's site - no
> luck.
>
> http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6558/windows7controlpanel.jpg

It's probably the Intel ME Management Engine Driver. It's only available for
Vista/XP, but it will install under Win 7. If it fails to install, accept
the option
from Win 7 to retry the installation with the correct settings.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=13477&lang=eng

The other possibility is that it's the Consumer IR device, and that can be
disabled
in the BIOS (disabled by default).

From: Justin on
On 12/27/2009 4:20 PM, Bob Bailin wrote:

> "Justin" <justin(a)nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
>> For the life of me I can't get this PCI Simple Communications
>> controller to be recognized under Windows 7.
>> What driver am I supposed to use? I tried a bunch from Intel's site -
>> no luck.
>>
>> http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6558/windows7controlpanel.jpg
>
> It's probably the Intel ME Management Engine Driver. It's only available
> for
> Vista/XP, but it will install under Win 7. If it fails to install,
> accept the option
> from Win 7 to retry the installation with the correct settings.
>
> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=13477&lang=eng
>

> The other possibility is that it's the Consumer IR device, and that can
> be disabled
> in the BIOS (disabled by default).

Fixed!
Thanks.