From: Metspitzer on
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000Y7T5UU/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3ACUPJ4C2HX16&v=glance

I have a laptop that I can't get to use the S Video. It will work
with an HDMI cable.

I am going to buy one of these and try to get it to work with the
composite inputs of an old TV. If it doesn't work with S Video, is
there any reason to think using the composite cables will work?

I would like to get 25' male to male cables, but I am concerned about
the distance the signal will travel. Would changing to 10' increase
the signal?
From: Paul on
Metspitzer wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000Y7T5UU/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3ACUPJ4C2HX16&v=glance
>
> I have a laptop that I can't get to use the S Video. It will work
> with an HDMI cable.
>
> I am going to buy one of these and try to get it to work with the
> composite inputs of an old TV. If it doesn't work with S Video, is
> there any reason to think using the composite cables will work?
>
> I would like to get 25' male to male cables, but I am concerned about
> the distance the signal will travel. Would changing to 10' increase
> the signal?

Do you know whether your laptop supports a mode to put out a signal
on there ? The advert says "Matrox". The customer reviews tell
you how well it work.

Paul
From: Metspitzer on
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:56:00 -0500, Paul <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote:

>Metspitzer wrote:
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000Y7T5UU/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3ACUPJ4C2HX16&v=glance
>>
>> I have a laptop that I can't get to use the S Video. It will work
>> with an HDMI cable.
>>
>> I am going to buy one of these and try to get it to work with the
>> composite inputs of an old TV. If it doesn't work with S Video, is
>> there any reason to think using the composite cables will work?
>>
>> I would like to get 25' male to male cables, but I am concerned about
>> the distance the signal will travel. Would changing to 10' increase
>> the signal?
>
>Do you know whether your laptop supports a mode to put out a signal
>on there ? The advert says "Matrox". The customer reviews tell
>you how well it work.

I have no clue. You would think if Matrox cards outputs were
different then the monitor would have to be special, but like I said,
I am clueless. For 3 bucks I was willing to give it a try.