From: Patrick D. on
Hi

I want to setup Windows XP mode in Windows 7 which is a Virtual PC solution.
As a requirement I need a machine which has Intel VT.
Since I previously used old versions of virtual PC, I know that these old
machines didn't have anything like Intel VT.
My question:
Is the requirement of Intel VT new for the virtual PC in Windows 7?
Is there a version of Virtual PC where I do not need a machine with Intel VT
running on Windows 7?

Patrick
From: Robert Comer on
>Is the requirement of Intel VT new for the virtual PC in Windows 7?

Yes, it's new. And the new version of Virtual PC for Windows 7 is
"Windows Virtual PC".

>Is there a version of Virtual PC where I do not need a machine with Intel VT
>running on Windows 7?

Yes, Virtual PC 2007 will run on Windows 7, but it's not a supported
product.

--
Bob Comer

From: Pavel A. on
"Patrick D." <PatrickD(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I want to setup Windows XP mode in Windows 7 which is a Virtual PC
> solution.
> As a requirement I need a machine which has Intel VT.
> Since I previously used old versions of virtual PC, I know that these old
> machines didn't have anything like Intel VT.
> My question:
> Is the requirement of Intel VT new for the virtual PC in Windows 7?

Yes

> Is there a version of Virtual PC where I do not need a machine with Intel
> VT
> running on Windows 7?

Just use the genuine Vmware Player :) It does not require VT.

--pa