From: Geoff Kirk on
When running VirtualPC (2007) with NAT configured for the network, restricted
users are unable to ping by IP address. NSLookup works, but not ping.

Any ideas? As you can imagine - finding that combination of circumstances
was the cause, was not easy. Almost by accident.

..../Geoff
From: Geoff Kirk on
"Windows Virtual PC" too

P.S. I just confirmed, the same symptom occurs on Windows7, with XP mode.
From: Geoff Kirk on
Never mind - I found Ben's post on the subject.

http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2008/01/03/things-that-virtual-pc-needs-to-be-run-as-administrator-for.aspx

--
..../Geoff