From: Patrick on
I am trying to create an interactive exercise in PowerPoint. I would
like learners to be able to make a selection to multiple choice
questions and have those selections tallied on a slide toward the end.
Then based on their totals, I would like to show where their totals
summarized would show on a chart or table.

Background - they are making selections to questions regarding
investment choices. Their final answers will indicate where in an
investment strategy table their investemtn stlye might fit i.e.
conservative, moderate, or aggressive.

Ideas are welcome! I am hoping this is not going to be some
complicated VBA exercise as I don't know or understand VBA. Thanks!

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
"I am hoping this is not going to be some
complicated VBA exercise as I don't know or understand VBA"

mmm I think it is! AFAIK there's no way of tranferring answers to another
slide unless you use vba.
--
email john AT technologytrish.co.uk

"Glass" action buttons - http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/pptbuttons.html
Personalised calendars - http://technologytrish.co.uk/calendars

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <1168370153.807508.113310(a)k58g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, Patrick
wrote:
> I am trying to create an interactive exercise in PowerPoint. I would
> like learners to be able to make a selection to multiple choice
> questions and have those selections tallied on a slide toward the end.
> Then based on their totals, I would like to show where their totals
> summarized would show on a chart or table.
>
> Background - they are making selections to questions regarding
> investment choices. Their final answers will indicate where in an
> investment strategy table their investemtn stlye might fit i.e.
> conservative, moderate, or aggressive.
>
> Ideas are welcome! I am hoping this is not going to be some
> complicated VBA exercise as I don't know or understand VBA. Thanks!

I don't see any way to do this other than VBA. Unless maybe you're a C++
programmer <g>.

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

From: David M. Marcovitz on
As Steve and John have said, you need VBA to do this, but there is a
small chance that it won't be a "complicated" VBA exercise. It might be a
somewhat simple VBA exercise. Check out Examples 8-8 and 8-11 on my site:

http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

Click on "Examples by Chapter" and then "Chapter 8." These two examples
use VBA, but if you stick to multiple-choice questions, you shouldn't
have to modify the VBA at all. All you'll have to do is set the Action
Settings for your multiple-choice answer buttons to the right VBA
procedure, and that's not complicated at all.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP

"Patrick" <wncctraining(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:1168370153.807508.113310
@k58g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> I am trying to create an interactive exercise in PowerPoint. I would
> like learners to be able to make a selection to multiple choice
> questions and have those selections tallied on a slide toward the end.
> Then based on their totals, I would like to show where their totals
> summarized would show on a chart or table.
>
> Background - they are making selections to questions regarding
> investment choices. Their final answers will indicate where in an
> investment strategy table their investemtn stlye might fit i.e.
> conservative, moderate, or aggressive.
>
> Ideas are welcome! I am hoping this is not going to be some
> complicated VBA exercise as I don't know or understand VBA. Thanks!

Pages: 1
Prev: PPT Game Question
Next: QAT Queries