From: AdaZ on
Hi, Anybody has the experience of installing intermediate driver using
Driver Installation Framework tools? I did have experience installed
device driver using DPInst.exe with Installshield 11. But, I have problem
to make it work for the intermediate driver installation, which has two
..inf in its package. I signed the driver package (.cat) and got a .cab
file. I saw "sign succeeded" in the command line. But when I start the
device driver wizard using InstallShield 11, I got an error message, "The
device driver package is not signed. Device driver packages must have a
valid signature before they can be installed".

My first question is, does DIFx support IM driver installation?
If it does, what is your advice for my issue above?

Thanks in advance for any helpful notes.

Ada

From: mirage2k2 on
I use netcfg (from the ddk) to install/uninstall my im with no problems.
From install script I use LaunchAppAndWait(). To the best of my knowledge
you have to use INetCfg to install IMs - using the service control manager or
built in installshield functions for installing drivers is just not gonna
work for an IM!

Its also a good idea to write a function to search for and delete existing
inf files for your im prior to installing it. This is because if you edit
the infs, when you do a new install Windows will sometimes pick the old ones
and get itself in a bit of a mess!

"AdaZ" wrote:

> Hi, Anybody has the experience of installing intermediate driver using
> Driver Installation Framework tools? I did have experience installed
> device driver using DPInst.exe with Installshield 11. But, I have problem
> to make it work for the intermediate driver installation, which has two
> ..inf in its package. I signed the driver package (.cat) and got a .cab
> file. I saw "sign succeeded" in the command line. But when I start the
> device driver wizard using InstallShield 11, I got an error message, "The
> device driver package is not signed. Device driver packages must have a
> valid signature before they can be installed".
>
> My first question is, does DIFx support IM driver installation?
> If it does, what is your advice for my issue above?
>
> Thanks in advance for any helpful notes.
>
> Ada

Pages: 1
Prev: Compiling under ddk 3790
Next: SDIO Multifunction