From: hadi motamedi on
Dear All
I have installed Solaris 2.6 on my virtual qemu-system-sparc . My
platform has internal CD drive so I want to install applications
from . Can you please let me know how can I distinguish this on my
virtual Solaris 2.6 ?
Thank you
From: Ian Collins on
On 05/ 6/10 04:22 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> I have installed Solaris 2.6 on my virtual qemu-system-sparc .

Why would you install something that old?

--
Ian Collins
From: hadi motamedi on
> Why would you install something that old?
Sorry. According to qemu mailing list, this is the only stable version
that the qemu is able to emulate on x86 platform. I have emulated
Solaris 2.6 Sparc on my x86 platform and so I need to distinguish the
internal cd drive on this virtual platform to install application
from.

From: hume.spamfilter on
hadi motamedi <motamedi24(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Solaris 2.6 Sparc on my x86 platform and so I need to distinguish the
> internal cd drive on this virtual platform to install application

I'm assuming you want to make your host CD drive available to your qemu
emulated SPARC machine.

I think you'll need to ask the qemu mailing list if that's even possible...
I suspect probably not. They'll need to tell you how to accomplish it.

Personally, I think your entire setup sounds bad. Is it really that
hard for you to obtain a SPARC of any sort?

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/
From: hadi motamedi on
> I think you'll need to ask the qemu mailing list if that's even possible....
> I suspect probably not.  They'll need to tell you how to accomplish it.
> Personally, I think your entire setup sounds bad.  Is it really that
> hard for you to obtain a SPARC of any sort?
Thank you for your reply. So it seems that it is qemu issue and I
thought that it is Solaris issue. Sorry for my mistake . For having
Sparc , please be informed that I have an application that needs to be
emulated first on qemu Sparc on Windows machine.