From: jinxy on
Hey all, I have aquired a internal card reader from an old pc (specs
not known). The sticker on the rear panel is marked: model # CR-363-
U26. The connector is a black 4 pin female. I guess it goes to a
header on the mobo. The thing is I can't seem to find any info about
this reader after some Googling. I would like to put it to use if
possible. If you have any info you can add, please feel free to jump
in. Thanks for your inputs.
-J
From: Grinder on
What color are the four wires leading from the plug?
From: jinxy on
On Jun 26, 3:15 pm, Grinder <grin...(a)no.spam.maam.com> wrote:
> What color are the four wires leading from the plug?

From left to right, the colors are-black,green,white and red.
-J
From: Mike Easter on
jinxy wrote:
> Hey all, I have aquired a internal card reader from an old pc (specs
> not known). The sticker on the rear panel is marked: model # CR-363-
> U26. The connector is a black 4 pin female. I guess it goes to a
> header on the mobo.

The most logical kind of connection to the mobo would be USB.

> The thing is I can't seem to find any info about
> this reader after some Googling. I would like to put it to use if
> possible. If you have any info you can add, please feel free to jump
> in. Thanks for your inputs.

This/That isn't your device, but Lian Li makes a front 20-1 card reader
with a black face and they give it modelno CR-25B.

A device/plug which connects to the mobo USB typically has 4 wires..

red white green black
+5V Data - Data + Gr

....as a 1x4.

Manhattan made a 6-1 card reader whose modelno was CR-V1002-U26.

The reason that you need to find your specific device is because some
cards need to be read right side up and some up side down and some
multi-s need an adapter and some readers will get a wrong kind of card
stuck if you don't do it right.

You need to know what kinds of card/s you can read and how to do it.

--
Mike Easter