From: Leythos on
In article <4b35a75d$0$29874$88263eea(a)blocknews.net>, trt(a)void.com
says...
> Subject: Re: Internet Explorer 8 problem
> From: The Real Truth MVP <trt(a)void.com>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
>
> Try my FixIE Tool. Download it here

The above LINK is not a Microsoft Site, it's a scam to get you to think
it's from an honest/honorable person, but it's a bad site - hacked
software, pirated software....

====

Do you really want to trust someone that was banned from posting
directly to Microsoft Usenet servers, someone that has posted links to
pornographic materials on HIS WEBSITE, who's website is in the MVP HOST
Block list, and who provides a tool for your use that will block access
to reputable anti-malware sites without telling you he's doing it?

Do you really want to trust someone that has had to change their posting
identity after being busted by MS as a fake MVP?

Stalking, even in usenet is a crime, there are enough pages from your
filthy site to prove you're stalking me in your posts, I have them
documented and certified authentic - it's your call now Stalker.

Trust yourself.
From: Unknown on
I downloaded and installed it. Never once had a problem with it.

From: Twayne on
In news:4b35a75d$0$29874$88263eea(a)blocknews.net,
The Real Truth MVP <trt(a)void.com> typed:
> Try my FixIE Tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

Newbies beware:
Ahh, PCBUTTS the imposter, pirate and psycho raises its filthy, ugly head
again. IGNORE this non-souled being. Only an idiot would run a sig such as
his, which is to not trust trustworthy posters to this group. A post from
this entity is NEVER worth reading as it and its posts have absolutely no
redeeming factors.

Twayne

> "Roadstar1963" <Roadstar1963(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D029A607-B49F-453D-92C8-BBC106623152(a)microsoft.com...
>> when I start the IE app, i noticed that it was sluggish; i then
>> realized when
>> looking at the Windows Task Manager window that there were 2
>> "iexplore.exe"
>> activated even though there is only one IE window showing on the
>> screen. I've run the chkdsk tool but it did not correct the problem.
>>
>> Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>> thanks

We've already reached
tomorrow's yesterday
but we're still far away from
yesterday's tomorrow.

From: David B. on
Why did you assume that chkdsk would have any effect at all on the problem?
It's no surprise at all that it had no effect. Is it still sluggish if you
run it without ad-ons?