From: 3mtsys on

All Sent Internet Headers are Missing in Outlook 2007.
Is this a know issue?

-3mtsys

--
3mtsys
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] on

The internet header is available only for received items.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

From: 3mtsys on

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to know more about the extent of this problem as follows:

1. Is this specific to OL 2007?

2. Why is it not a supported function? (Are not Mail audits via header
data an essential and most valuable tool in both troubleshooting,
business continuity, and legal scenarios?.)

3. Am I correct in observing that the Header exists but is not visible?
(I was able to send email as an attachment and then download it via a
third party mail client back into OL2007 and then surprisingly see what
was once non-viewable header data.)

4. Am I correct in observing that this in not limited to Exchange
hosted mail accounts but also internet based accounts, e.g., IMAP?

Bye the way, I really like the category tool your website is offering.
I'm strongly considering it for my business. Especially the Enterprise
version as I envision solving some collaboration problems among
co-workers.

-thanks, 3mtsys

--
3mtsys
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] on

1. The header isn't added by the sending email client. That's not specific
to OL07 only.

2. Especially for the legal scenario, if you could add the header yourself,
it would be meaningless. Though I don't know whether a header does have any
legal meaning.

3. See 1. You can see the header on all received messages, but they don't
exist on your sent ones. The receiver of your message gets a header, of
course.

Thanks for looking at Category Manager. If any question comes up, please
drop me line.