From: TomYoung on
Just killing time I went over to the Quicken Live Community site to
see what the chatter was about Intuit abandoning desktop Quicken in
favor of Mint and I couldn't find a single post on the subject! Tried
several different searches with various combinations of the words
"Intuit", "Quicken", "abandon", "abandoning", "Mint", and "Mint.com"
and didn't find a thing.

Odd.

Tom Young
From: dieHard� on
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:18:25 -0800 (PST), TomYoung <sombodee(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Just killing time I went over to the Quicken Live Community site to
>see what the chatter was about Intuit abandoning desktop Quicken in
>favor of Mint and I couldn't find a single post on the subject! Tried
>several different searches with various combinations of the words
>"Intuit", "Quicken", "abandon", "abandoning", "Mint", and "Mint.com"
>and didn't find a thing.
>
>Odd.
>
>Tom Young

Intuit doesn't care about customer concerns, and their "Community" is
the last place to try and reach anyone from the company.

Ask any Intuit employee how they feel about ignorance and apathy and
their response would be "We don't know and we don't care".
From: TomYoung on
On Feb 8, 5:39 am, dieHard® <dieH...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:18:25 -0800 (PST), TomYoung <sombo...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Just killing time I went over to the Quicken Live Community site to
> >see what the chatter was about Intuit abandoning desktop Quicken in
> >favor of Mint and I couldn't find a single post on the subject!  Tried
> >several different searches with various combinations of the words
> >"Intuit", "Quicken", "abandon", "abandoning", "Mint", and "Mint.com"
> >and didn't find a thing.
>
> >Odd.
>
> >Tom Young
>
> Intuit doesn't care about customer concerns, and their "Community" is
> the last place to try and reach anyone from the company.
>
> Ask any Intuit employee how they feel about ignorance and apathy and
> their response would be "We don't know and we don't care".

Oh, you're preaching to the choir here. I'm guessing Intuit might be
applying a little judicious censorship in their "Community." You'd
think there would be a least *some* comment on the subject over there.

Tom Young
From: jJim Sweeney on

"TomYoung" <sombodee(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just killing time I went over to the Quicken Live Community site to
> see what the chatter was about Intuit abandoning desktop Quicken in
> favor of Mint and I couldn't find a single post on the subject! Tried
> several different searches with various combinations of the words
> "Intuit", "Quicken", "abandon", "abandoning", "Mint", and "Mint.com"
> and didn't find a thing.
>
> Odd.
>
> Tom Young

www.mint.com

There is some discussion on mint vs. Quicken.
JPS

From: Mr.Jan on
On Feb 6, 12:18 pm, TomYoung <sombo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Just killing time I went over to the Quicken Live Community site to
> see what the chatter was about Intuit abandoning desktop Quicken in
> favor of Mint and I couldn't find a single post on the subject!  Tried
> several different searches with various combinations of the words
> "Intuit", "Quicken", "abandon", "abandoning", "Mint", and "Mint.com"
> and didn't find a thing.
>
> Odd.
>
> Tom Young

You know, I have not seen anything about them abandoning the desktop
version. Quicken Online? Yes, that is why they bought Mint.com but
where did yo see that they were going to abandon the desktop version?