From: Stubby on
I had a major problem with Q2010R7 and called Intuit. They
instructed me to seek help on a certain web page. The ads for
support there charge by the minute, and the agreement you sign onto
says they have no responsibility of any kind. In fact, there isn't
even an address for the company! Be careful and backup every time you
leave Quicken so you can avoid a major loss after it clobbers your
data!
From: Notan on

Did you try http://quicken.intuit.com/support/index.jsp?
From: Stubby on
On Feb 24, 1:02 pm, Notan <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote:
> On 2/24/2010 10:08 AM, Stubby wrote:
>
> > I had a major problem with Q2010R7 and called Intuit.   They
> > instructed me to seek help on a certain web page.   The ads for
> > support there charge by the minute, and the agreement you sign onto
> > says they have no responsibility of any kind.  In fact, there isn't
> > even an address for the company!  Be careful and backup every time you
> > leave Quicken so you can avoid a major loss after it clobbers your
> > data!
>
> Did you tryhttp://quicken.intuit.com/support/index.jsp?

No. A trust account and all the securities in it disappeared. I
felt I wanted to speak to a competent human to resolve the issue. (In
the end I was able to use a backup file made earlier in the day.)
From: Notan on
On 2/24/2010 11:11 AM, Stubby wrote:
> On Feb 24, 1:02 pm, Notan<notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote:
>> On 2/24/2010 10:08 AM, Stubby wrote:
>>
>>> I had a major problem with Q2010R7 and called Intuit. They
>>> instructed me to seek help on a certain web page. The ads for
>>> support there charge by the minute, and the agreement you sign onto
>>> says they have no responsibility of any kind. In fact, there isn't
>>> even an address for the company! Be careful and backup every time you
>>> leave Quicken so you can avoid a major loss after it clobbers your
>>> data!
>>
>> Did you tryhttp://quicken.intuit.com/support/index.jsp?
>
> No. A trust account and all the securities in it disappeared. I
> felt I wanted to speak to a competent human to resolve the issue. (In
> the end I was able to use a backup file made earlier in the day.)

While I'm certainly not defending Intuit, all too many software
developers have now gone the way of pay-by-incident support, usually
after a number of free contacts or days after purchase.
From: jslcr1 on
On Feb 24, 12:17 pm, Notan <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote:
> On 2/24/2010 11:11 AM, Stubby wrote:

> >> Did you tryhttp://quicken.intuit.com/support/index.jsp?
>
> > No.   A trust account and all the securities in it disappeared.  I
> > felt I wanted to speak to a competent human to resolve the issue.  (In
> > the end I was able to use a backup file made earlier in the day.)
>
> While I'm certainly not defending Intuit, all too many software
> developers have now gone the way of pay-by-incident support, usually
> after a number of free contacts or days after purchase.

Try this number and then demand (politely) to speak to someone in the
states.
Contact Customer Service at (800) 446-8848 ((800) 4-INTUIT).
For immediate assistance with your question,
Hope it helps.