From: arbin419 on
We've been planning to run a web-based version of our program on the web, but
now we have few troubles. In the folder "Web" in localhost, the web version of
our program works well through firefox. But when it comes to IE7 or accessed
through firefox in HTTP(IIS has been installed), three error dialog boxes
oppear:

Invalid File Version for files: ODBC.U32, WINAPI.U32 and tMsDSN.u32

We don't know how to handle this problem, so I was hoping someone else may
have run up against this?

Thanks.

Conditions:
XP SP2
Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250
2 GMb RAM

From our manifest file,
bin win32 "WINAPI.U32" "WINAPI.U32" length=182784
bin win32 "Odbc.u32" "Odbc.u32" length=57344
bin win32 "tMsDSN.u32" "tMsDSN.u32" length=28672

From: Amy Blankenship on

"arbin419" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> We've been planning to run a web-based version of our program on the web,
> but
> now we have few troubles. In the folder "Web" in localhost, the web
> version of
> our program works well through firefox. But when it comes to IE7 or
> accessed
> through firefox in HTTP(IIS has been installed), three error dialog boxes
> oppear:
>
> Invalid File Version for files: ODBC.U32, WINAPI.U32 and tMsDSN.u32
>
> We don't know how to handle this problem, so I was hoping someone else may
> have run up against this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Conditions:
> XP SP2
> Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250
> 2 GMb RAM
>
> From our manifest file,
> bin win32 "WINAPI.U32" "WINAPI.U32" length=182784
> bin win32 "Odbc.u32" "Odbc.u32" length=57344
> bin win32 "tMsDSN.u32" "tMsDSN.u32" length=28672

I'm wondering why you're using ODBC.u32 and tmsDSN.u32 for a web-enabled
piece. Even if you're downloading a local database, which doesn't make much
sense for a web-enabled course, the chances that you can _actually_ create a
dsn on most users' machines these days is vanishingly small.

There's a good possibility that you're using these components to support old
logic that no longer applies in a web environment, so the solution might
just be to remove that old logic and unload the functions.

From: Mike Baker **AdobeCommunityExpert** on

"arbin419" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> We've been planning to run a web-based version of our program on the web,
> but
> now we have few troubles. In the folder "Web" in localhost, the web
> version of
> our program works well through firefox. But when it comes to IE7 or
> accessed
> through firefox in HTTP(IIS has been installed), three error dialog boxes
> oppear:
>
> Invalid File Version for files: ODBC.U32, WINAPI.U32 and tMsDSN.u32
>
> We don't know how to handle this problem, so I was hoping someone else may
> have run up against this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Conditions:
> XP SP2
> Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250
> 2 GMb RAM
>
> From our manifest file,
> bin win32 "WINAPI.U32" "WINAPI.U32" length=182784
> bin win32 "Odbc.u32" "Odbc.u32" length=57344
> bin win32 "tMsDSN.u32" "tMsDSN.u32" length=28672

This is rare but I've seen some cases where the player tries to parse the
downloading U32 as if it were a map file. That's where the 'invalid file
version' message comes from, it's looking for the VER tag at the beginning
of the U32. I've never been able to lock down the exact cause - perhaps
combination of things. Here are some things to check in your set up

Make sure there's GET . and PUT . in the map file (I usually put one of
these at the top of the BIN lines even though it should carry forward from
the segments.
Make sure there's a VER at the top of the map
If you're using Web Player 2004 then include PLR COMPACT so it doesn't
default to the full player.
Use .aab on the server and .u32 (or .dll) on the local rather than putting
..u32 on the server
bin win "odbc.aab" "odbc.u32" length=57344
Make sure the mime type on the server is set up correctly for binary file
transfer.

HTH
Mike
Mike Baker