From: RipperT on
I have a form that has 3 subforms and some extensive coding. Recently when
designing and saving, I started getting one or two error messages upon
saving the form from design view. "The setting you entered isn't valid for
this property. To see the valid settings for this property, see the Help
Index for the name of the property."

I've no idea what property Access is referring to. That's all the info it
gives. Everything on the form seems to be working fine. The error message is
the only evidence I have. How can I nail down what property Access is
referring to?

Thanks,

Ripper

From: Crystal (strive4peace) on
Hi Ripper (what is your name?)

When you are in design view, see if any of the controls have
a green triangle in the upper left corner

Also, compile your database

'~~~~~~~~~ Compile ~~~~~~~~~

Whenever you change code, references, or switch versions,
you should always compile and save before executing.

from the menu in a VBE (module) window: Debug, Compile

fix any errors on the yellow highlighted lines

keep compiling until nothing happens (this is good!) -- then
Save

~~
if you run code without compiling it, you risk corrupting
your database

~~~~~ also be sure to use Option Explicit at the top of each
module so variables that are not declared or are misspelled
will be picked up

Warm Regards,
Crystal
remote programming and training
http://MSAccessGurus.com

free video tutorials
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

Access Basics
http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace
free 100-page book that covers essentials in Access

*
(: have an awesome day :)
*

From: RipperT on
I don't have the correct version of Access for the green triagles. I think
I'm using 2000. I rebuilt the form and it's code from scratch being careful
to save, compact and repair etc. and I am still getting the error msg. but
very erratically. I thought it was gone for good, but today I noticed it
appear on a users machine as he was closing the app. He just clicked OK in
the error msg and it closed. It happens in .mdb and .mde versions. I don't
get it. I tried everything. Decompile, stripping out the code, compiling,
pasting the code back, re-compiling. I just think that if I knew what
property it was so upset about...But like I said, the app works very well.
It's a minor annoyance at this point but I'm afraid it may be the precursor
to something terrible....(!)

Any help is appreciated!

Ripper

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:13:01 -0500, "RipperT" <<RiPpErT>@nOsPaM.nEt> wrote:

>I don't have the correct version of Access for the green triagles. I think
>I'm using 2000. I rebuilt the form and it's code from scratch being careful
>to save, compact and repair etc. and I am still getting the error msg. but
>very erratically. I thought it was gone for good, but today I noticed it
>appear on a users machine as he was closing the app. He just clicked OK in
>the error msg and it closed. It happens in .mdb and .mde versions. I don't
>get it. I tried everything. Decompile, stripping out the code, compiling,
>pasting the code back, re-compiling. I just think that if I knew what
>property it was so upset about...But like I said, the app works very well.
>It's a minor annoyance at this point but I'm afraid it may be the precursor
>to something terrible....(!)
>
>Any help is appreciated!

I'd really, really recommend upgrading to 2003 or (with some hesitation) 2007.
A2000 was a VERY buggy version with frequent complaints about just this kind
of behavior.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]