From: Douglas J. Steele on
Exactly what is printed to the Debug window?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"TonyWilliams via AccessMonster.com" <u56994(a)uwe> wrote in message
> Incidently following on from my post on the Irish forms, the Debug.Print
> of
> the sql shows that the sql is selecting the correct company and date but
> it
> isn't populating the form when it's open?
> Tony
>
> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>> So could you take me through your comment "You cannot assign its value
>>> string variable if nothing's been selected: string variables cannot be
>>> set
>>> Null (the only variable type that can is Variant)" I'm afraid I just

From: TonyWilliams via AccessMonster.com on
This:
off)
logging turned off)
SELECT * FROM [tblmainIrish] WHERE ([txtmonthlabel] Between #2009-09-01# AND
#2009-09-30#) AND [txtcompany] = 'AIB Commercial Services Ltd'

I selected September 2009 in the txtmontha combo and AIB Commercial Services
Ltd in the company combo. So the sql appears to be interpreting the correct
data but wont pass it to the form once it is opened.
Very odd?
Tony

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Copy the SQL statement SELECT * FROM [tblmainIrish] WHERE ([txtmonthlabel]
Between #2009-09-01# AND
#2009-09-30#) AND [txtcompany] = 'AIB Commercial Services Ltd' to the
clipboard.

Create a new query, but don't select any tables for it.

Switch the query to SQL view and paste the SQL statement into the SQL view
window.

Run the query.

Do you get any rows returned?

From: TonyWilliams via AccessMonster.com on
Yes Douglas I get the correct data for that company and that quarter so the
sql is OK isn't it?
Tony
Incidently where are you, sorry to ask but I'm in the UK and it's 17.39 on
Xmas Eve and my wife is saying to me "Haven't you done enough?"

From: Douglas J. Steele on
I'm in Canada, so it's only 13:45 at the moment.

Let's resume after the Christmas break.