From: Floyd Resler on
Now that I'm finally landing some freelance PHP work, I am in need of some software that I can add clients, enter estimates, keep track of hours, and create invoices with. I'd like it to be Web-based. I could write my own, of course, but why do it if it's already done?! Does anyone know of such a package?

Thanks!
Floyd
From: "Daniel P. Brown" on
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 09:52, Floyd Resler <fresler(a)adex-intl.com> wrote:
> Now that I'm finally landing some freelance PHP work, I am in need of some software that I can add clients, enter estimates, keep track of hours, and create invoices with.  I'd like it to be Web-based.  I could write my own, of course, but why do it if it's already done?!  Does anyone know of such a package?

Tons. I'd personally start by checking SourceForge, finding
something that matches closely what you're trying to do, and then
modifying it to match entirely.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
UNADVERTISED DEDICATED SERVER SPECIALS
From: Paul M Foster on
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 09:52:21AM -0400, Floyd Resler wrote:

> Now that I'm finally landing some freelance PHP work, I am in need of some software that I can add clients, enter estimates, keep track of hours, and create invoices with. I'd like it to be Web-based. I could write my own, of course, but why do it if it's already done?! Does anyone know of such a package?

Let me know if you don't find what you need. I've built such a system
over the last few years, used internally by my company. As it's for our
use internally, I'd have to package it up for your use. But it'd be free
and FOSS-licensed. (But check what's available first, because packaging
it up for you would take some work.)

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
From: Jeff MacDonald on
freshbooks.com

From: Bastien Koert on
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Daniel P. Brown
<daniel.brown(a)parasane.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 09:52, Floyd Resler <fresler(a)adex-intl.com> wrote:
>> Now that I'm finally landing some freelance PHP work, I am in need of some software that I can add clients, enter estimates, keep track of hours, and create invoices with.  I'd like it to be Web-based.  I could write my own, of course, but why do it if it's already done?!  Does anyone know of such a package?
>
>    Tons.  I'd personally start by checking SourceForge, finding
> something that matches closely what you're trying to do, and then
> modifying it to match entirely.
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> UNADVERTISED DEDICATED SERVER SPECIALS
> SAME-DAY SETUP
> Just ask me what we're offering today!
> daniel.brown(a)parasane.net || danbrown(a)php.net
> http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/

freshbooks.com also handles that if you want to use a service

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat
 |  Next  |  Last