From: (see below) on
Does anyone else find it ironic that requests for assistance with
"user-friendly" IDEs seem to rival requests for help with Ada itself?
--
Bill Findlay
<surname><forename> chez blueyonder.co.uk

From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:04:47 +0100, (see below) wrote:

> Does anyone else find it ironic that requests for assistance with
> "user-friendly" IDEs seem to rival requests for help with Ada itself?

No, because if there indeed are questions to the GPS/gpr design, compared
to the Visual Studio or Workbench GPS is as Ada to C.

Maybe the irony is in how many man-years were burnt out for the Visual
Studio compared to the GPS?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: (see below) on
On 01/08/2010 19:21, in article 6lutt5yuljus$.yp56imm36exb$.dlg(a)40tude.net,
"Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox(a)dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:04:47 +0100, (see below) wrote:
>
>> Does anyone else find it ironic that requests for assistance with
>> "user-friendly" IDEs seem to rival requests for help with Ada itself?
>
> No, because if there indeed are questions to the GPS/gpr design, compared
> to the Visual Studio or Workbench GPS is as Ada to C.
>
> Maybe the irony is in how many man-years were burnt out for the Visual
> Studio compared to the GPS?

There seem to be as many about AdaGIDE.

From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 23:32:44 +0100, (see below) wrote:

> On 01/08/2010 19:21, in article 6lutt5yuljus$.yp56imm36exb$.dlg(a)40tude.net,
> "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox(a)dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:04:47 +0100, (see below) wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone else find it ironic that requests for assistance with
>>> "user-friendly" IDEs seem to rival requests for help with Ada itself?
>>
>> No, because if there indeed are questions to the GPS/gpr design, compared
>> to the Visual Studio or Workbench GPS is as Ada to C.
>>
>> Maybe the irony is in how many man-years were burnt out for the Visual
>> Studio compared to the GPS?
>
> There seem to be as many about AdaGIDE.

I liked AdaGIDE, but GPS is sufficiently more comfortable now.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Warren on
On Aug 1, 2:04 pm, "(see below)" <yaldni...(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone else find it ironic that requests for assistance with
> "user-friendly" IDEs seem to rival requests for help with Ada itself?
> --
> Bill Findlay
> <surname><forename> chez blueyonder.co.uk

Ya, I was thinking about that the other day when I was trying to
use GPS. I found it much easier to go back to the Makefile and
emacs. :)

Warren