From: Defaul home page on
I have been out of touch with the web site development tools but previoulsy
used Frontpage 2003. It is an old product and does not seem to have any
recent replacements from Microsoft. Is Frontpage still a good tool to use or
has Microsoft replaced it with a different product?
From: David B. on
Frontpage was discontinued, 2003 is the last version but nothing stops one
from using it. It was replaced by Expression Web.

"Defaul home page" <Defaulhomepage(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0678CD65-F35A-49DD-AE19-5E5BC85FF0FC(a)microsoft.com...

From: Tom Willett on
It has been replaced by Expression Web. But, there is nothing that says you
can't continue using FP 2003. Many, many people do. That's why the FrontPage
newsgroups still exist.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997

From: Rick Sparks on
FrontPage is a great great program and is the last WYSIWYG web editor that
doesn't require the user to learn to write code (HTML and CSS, among others).

ExpressionWeb, which replaces it, has much less user-friendly functionality
(a downgrade in a sense).... but, proponents will maintain that it produces
'cleaner code'.

The downside of FrontPage is that some/many of the user-friendly features
require FrontPage Extensions (FPE) to be added by the Hosting company.

The good news on that is it seems that many webhosting companies will
continue to support FPE for some time in the future.... because so many
people want them that still use Frontpage..... even if they are discontinued.

Who knows, but I'd guess that FrontPage use will continue for quite some
time as it's either that or learn code.... or hire someone to do your website.

From: "Trevor Lawrence" Trevor on
All this is true, but I found that once I had had my hand held by the FP
WYSYWYG editor for long enough, I wanted to see the code behind it. Now I
don't use it in design mode at all. As many would say, HTML and CSS are not
languages in the true sense anyway.

--
Trevor Lawrence
Canberra