From: Michael Hutch on
Hello,

I have just put up 6 sites.
I have used MS FP to do this.
I have a very fast internet connection of 21Mb/s (3 sec page load)

But i suspect my readers may have a long time for pageloads.
According to the FP stats ....
dial 56kb/s (2.5 min page load)
128 (1 min page load)
216 (33 sec page load)
512 (16 sec page load)
1000 kb/s etc (5 sec page load)

i think i may be losing readers at the slower internet connetions

I have two questions

1. Can you let me know how fast the pages load for you, especially at the
lower speed connections?
2. Should i break up the big pages into smaller ones, page 1 2 3 4 or
View All

These are my sites (basically the same. just different regional information).
Thanks, Michael.

www.diabetes-your-blood-sugar-usa.com/
www.diabetes-your-blood-sugar.com/
www.diabetes-your-blood-sugar-canada.com/
www.diabetes-your-blood-sugar-uk.com/
www.diabetes-your-blood-sugar-australia.com/
www.diabetes-your-blood-sugar-india.com/

From: Ronx on
In general, a home page should take not more than 15-20 seconds to *render*
on the slowest expected connection. This equates to a total (including
page, images, external javascript, external CSS) "weight" of around
50-60Kbytes assuming a connection speed of 45-50Kbs (fast dialup).
Subsequent pages can be larger since the user is now "hooked", but 100K
should be the top limit.
The home page for www.diabetes-your-blood-sugar-usa.com/ is about
887Kbytes - more than a tad oversized.

A quick glance at the page shows that it can be easily divided into several
much smaller pages.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Michael Hutch on
Thanks Ron,

Michael Hutch

From: Hot-text on
YES IT IS At THE START BECAUSE OF GOOGLE >>>> kill the Ads by Google
I have internet connection 480 kbps.... it taking 1 min of Google to down
load
Time is money do Google pay good time.... For the slow Site they help make
<<< if not you will pay in Search Page Rank on Bing, Yahoo, AOL, and Ask...
....all away to Google too the one who make your site so slow!!
But if your site is slow Google will not put you in a good Page Rank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Search#PageRank

Do Believe me Look I #1 or Bing , and a good Page Rank at Yahoo, AOL, and
Ask...
just search for Key Word for >>> hot-text
look at the PageRank of http://www.hot-text.ath.cx that me!
or search for Key Word for >>> minpin
look at the PageRank of http://www.minpin.ath.cx or http://minpin.ww.com
that me to