From: mukesh patil mukesh on
Hi,

I am using office 2007 std edition. I cannot see the out of office assistant
option in tools please suggest whether this an issue with my office setup or
it is not available with std edition.
From: Duncan McC on
In article <C68FAF27-A9F0-4EF5-97F0-A945AF8A2357(a)microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
8?B?bXVrZXNoIHBhdGls?= says...

> Hi,
>
> I am using office 2007 std edition. I cannot see the out of office assistant
> option in tools please suggest whether this an issue with my office setup or
> it is not available with std edition.

You need Exchange Server for such functionality.

--
Duncan.
From: Duncan McC on
In article <MPG.262e7bdc76dfef2989b54(a)news.microsoft.com>, hard(a)work.ok
says...

> In article <C68FAF27-A9F0-4EF5-97F0-A945AF8A2357(a)microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
> 8?B?bXVrZXNoIHBhdGls?= says...
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using office 2007 std edition. I cannot see the out of office assistant
> > option in tools please suggest whether this an issue with my office setup or
> > it is not available with std edition.
>
> You need Exchange Server for such functionality.

I should add... that without Exchange Server, you can still provide such
functionality by using a rule (that replies to all incoming email).

It's just a work-around - and it's not perfect:
* you need to leave Outlook running.
* it can create circular replies (email loops).

--
Duncan.
From: VanguardLH on
mukesh patil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using office 2007 std edition. I cannot see the out of office assistant
> option in tools please suggest whether this an issue with my office setup or
> it is not available with std edition.

In Outlook, hit the F1 key to bring up help. Then search on "out of
office". The help articles plainly state:

This feature requires you to be using a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail
account.

You never mentioned that an Exchange mail server was in your setup for
e-mail services so I'm guessing that you don't have one. You can try to use
a rule in Outlook to emulate this feature:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107

Or better yet is to go look at the options available in your e-mail account
to see if your e-mail provider already includes an auto-responder function
for your account. Use the webmail interface to whomever is your
unidentified e-mail provider to look at the user-configurable options to see
if an auto-responder is available. It may be called something else, like a
vacation responder.