From: Juan I. Cahis on
Dear Bruce & friends, Boot Camp is not a virtual machine, if you have
a Boot Camp partition on a Mac, you boot directly from it. Of course,
you should have the video, mouse, etc, windows Apple supplied drivers
installed, as in any windows installation.

And you don't need MacOS X to install Boot Camp, you can do it
manually (as I did) if you know how to partition your hard drive
correctly for Boot Camp.

Bruce Chambers <bchambers(a)cable0ne.n3t> wrote:

>void.no.spam.com(a)gmail.com wrote:
>> Could there be any possible issues with running Windows XP or 7 on a
>> Mac? Or is Windows 100% compatible with Mac hardware?
>

> No, it's not compatible with Mac hardware, at all. It's possible to
>use Windows on a Mac only by using it in a sort of "virtual machine, by
>using Boot Camp, available only in newer versions of the MacOS X.
Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
From: Nil on
On 03 May 2010, Bert Hyman <bert(a)iphouse.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> In news:2010050312571628581-graham(a)giganews graham
> <graham(a)giganews> wrote:

>>charset=iso-8859-1"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type"
>>content="text/css"> <title></title>
>
> What?

He's offering you some Cocoa. Don't be rude, just take it.

From: Michael on

"Nil" <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> On 03 May 2010, Bert Hyman <bert(a)iphouse.com> wrote in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>> In news:2010050312571628581-graham(a)giganews graham
>> <graham(a)giganews> wrote:

>>>charset=iso-8859-1"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type"
>>>content="text/css"> <title></title>
>>
>> What?
>
> He's offering you some Cocoa. Don't be rude, just take it.

He's mad because no marshmallows were offered.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: HeyBub on
void.no.spam.com(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Could there be any possible issues with running Windows XP or 7 on a
> Mac? Or is Windows 100% compatible with Mac hardware?

Somehow this reminds me of Samuel Johnson's famous observation:

"A woman in the pulpit is like a dog raised up on its hinder legs. It is not
surprising that it does it poorly, but rather that it would want to do so at
all."

From: Bob I on

mycomputer(a)mydesk.com wrote:

> On Sat, 01 May 2010 16:11:12 +0100, Bigguy <bigguy(a)under_radar.com>
> wrote:
>

>>On 01/05/2010 15:35, void.no.spam.com(a)gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>Could there be any possible issues with running Windows XP or 7 on a
>>>Mac? Or is Windows 100% compatible with Mac hardware?
>>
>>Depends on the Mac ;-)
>>
>>I'm running OSX, XP and Win7 on a Macbook Pro (unibody).
>>
>>Main problem is the keyboard is missing some useful keys (page up/down)
>>and the trackpad doesn't do right clicks...
>>
>>With an external mouse it works well enough.
>>
>>Guy
>

> This problem will soon be solved after Steve Jobs and Bill Gates beat
> the hell out of each other. Whichever one lives after the beating
> will determine which hardware will continue being manufactured in the
> future.
>
> You can place bets now. Who will live, Jobs or Gates?

My money's on Bill, Jobs is doing good just being vertical, and the
"mac" is already converted over to Intel.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Any tools to monitor activity for XP?
Next: Windows 7