From: Eric on
Does anyone have any suggestions on any tools on XP with SP3 keep record on
activities for XP? such as copying files, running application, accessing
internet. I know Event Viewer, but it does not contain the log for copying
files
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
From: db on
perhaps,

key logger's

--
db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Eric on
Does Key logger only record any keyboard activity?
Can it record copy and paste files using mouse?
Can it record what application is being used at specific time?

From: Lem on
Eric wrote:
> Does Key logger only record any keyboard activity?
> Can it record copy and paste files using mouse?
> Can it record what application is being used at specific time?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric
>
> "db" wrote:
>
>> perhaps,
>>
>> key logger's
>>
>> --
>> db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
>> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
>> - Systems Analyst
>> - Database Developer
>> - Accountancy
>> - Veteran of the Armed Forces
>> - @Hotmail.com
>> - nntp Postologist
>> ~ "share the nirvana" - dbZen
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>> "Eric" <Eric(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions on any tools on XP with SP3 keep record
>>> on
>>> activities for XP? such as copying files, running application, accessing
>>> internet. I know Event Viewer, but it does not contain the log for copying
>>> files
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>>> Eric
>> .

"Keylogger" is a generic term for hardware and/or software that records
keystrokes and/or mouse activities and/or "all users activity on the
PC." Some are free, some are for sale, and some are malware. You need to
do some research on what's available and compare it to what you want to
do. Here are some places to start:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=keylogger+mouse+logger&aq=1&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=keylogger+mous&gs_rfai=&fp=a86c207b1c79523e
http://www.keyloggers.com/about_us.html
http://www.keyloggers.com/bigbrother.html
--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: Twayne on
In news:FC02B4E4-8AD4-4FE1-8DD3-4B9E58D7679C(a)microsoft.com,
Eric <Eric(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on any tools on XP with
> SP3 keep record on activities for XP? such as copying
> files, running application, accessing internet. I know
> Event Viewer, but it does not contain the log for copying
> files
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

There are gobs of monitoring files around. Here are a few you can look up
with google; they do about what their names imply:

filemon
regmon
diskmon
portmon
procman (process monitor)
startup monitor
pagefilemon
tcpview
ip lan wan finder
and many more. By the time you've found those you will also have found a
plethora of others. Happy googling.

HTH,

Twayne`