From: void.no.spam.com on
Could there be any possible issues with running Windows XP or 7 on a
Mac? Or is Windows 100% compatible with Mac hardware?
From: DL on
your kidding, right?

From: Bigguy on
On 01/05/2010 15:35, void.no.spam.com(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Could there be any possible issues with running Windows XP or 7 on a
> Mac? Or is Windows 100% compatible with Mac hardware?
Depends on the Mac ;-)

I'm running OSX, XP and Win7 on a Macbook Pro (unibody).

Main problem is the keyboard is missing some useful keys (page up/down)
and the trackpad doesn't do right clicks...

With an external mouse it works well enough.

Guy
From: Bruce Chambers on
void.no.spam.com(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Could there be any possible issues with running Windows XP or 7 on a
> Mac? Or is Windows 100% compatible with Mac hardware?

No, it's not compatible with Mac hardware, at all. It's possible to
use Windows on a Mac only by using it in a sort of "virtual machine, by
using Boot Camp, available only in newer versions of the MacOS X.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Shenan Stanley on
void.no.spam.com(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Could there be any possible issues with running Windows XP or 7 on a
> Mac? Or is Windows 100% compatible with Mac hardware?

Mac hardware... *grin*

Now - with Intel Macs - the difference between a Windows PC and a Macintosh
is basically a hardware check by OS X proving the hardware was sold by
Apple. ;-)

Windows will run fine on a Macintosh with no other operating system
installed. I have a friend that has a Macintosh laptop and desktop and has
not booted to OS X on either one in a year or more - one doesn't even have
OS X installed at all - it has Windows Server 2008 R2 installed.

Now - as for *why* you would want to do this - I have no explanation. You
spent more for hardware you could have gotten for a lot less in the same
configuration. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Any tools to monitor activity for XP?
Next: Windows 7