From: forest8 on
Hi there

In my database, I need to create a contact log?

What I need to do is have any contact log entries look like a table?

In my table, I have the following fields:

StudentID_FK, DateComplete, CommunicationMethod, CaseNotesCompleted (Checkbox)

The user wants to see all the contact log information when they add new
information to the table.

I want to see all previous information for each student as I enter new data.

How should I set this up?

Thank you
From: Jeanette Cunningham on
Have you tried using a continuous form for the contact log?
You can put the continuous form on a subform control on a main form that is
based on the student table.
Put a combo box in the header of the main form so users can choose a student
and then the contact detail for that student will appear in the subform.
In the bottom row of the subform, users can add a new row to the contact
log.

"forest8" <forest8(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> In my database, I need to create a contact log?
>
> What I need to do is have any contact log entries look like a table?
>
> In my table, I have the following fields:
>
> StudentID_FK, DateComplete, CommunicationMethod, CaseNotesCompleted
> (Checkbox)
>
> The user wants to see all the contact log information when they add new
> information to the table.
>
> I want to see all previous information for each student as I enter new
> data.
>
> How should I set this up?
>
> Thank you

Pages: 1