From: I love my doggie on
I'm asking b/c I'm getting a computer and need to know how I can read
some of the discussion groups I'm read all the time that I do on msntv.
Pam-Doggirl3

From: JD on
On 03/03/2010 8:54 PM, I love my doggie wrote:
> I'm asking b/c I'm getting a computer and need to know how I can read
> some of the discussion groups I'm read all the time that I do on msntv.
> Pam-Doggirl3

Well according to your message headers you posted this from your web TV,
So yes you should be able to access your newsgroups, using a news reader
client on your pc.

JD
From: Paul on
I love my doggie wrote:
> I'm asking b/c I'm getting a computer and need to know how I can read
> some of the discussion groups I'm read all the time that I do on msntv.
> Pam-Doggirl3

http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=faq

http://www.eternal-september.org/RegisterNewsAccount.php?language=en

Register for a news account, download a copy of Thunderbird from
Mozilla.org, set up the account, and away you go.

There are many servers that support reading, and a few that support
posting of new articles for free. The above example supports posting.

If you've set it up properly, the newsgroup list has about 30000
groups or so (rough guess). If you're only seeing 11 groups or a
small number, post back. It means you haven't set your news reader
to "authenticate" or exchange username/password with the server.
Once you're logged in, when you refresh the newsgroup list, a
large number of group names should show up in the list.

If you want binaries, a commercial account is best for that. A commercial
account can take the form of a monthly fee, or bandwidth can be bought
in "blocks". But for simple text posting, a free server is fine for that.

HTH,
Paul
From: I love my doggie on
Do you know the address to the new reader client or is that install? I
trying to learn ahead of time that is.
Pam-Doggirl3

From: I love my doggie on
Thanks Paul for the info.