From: ikuta liu on
I'm a little confused.
Is python not good enough?
for google, enhance python performance is the good way better then
choose build Go language?

Go language try to merge low level, hight level and browser language.

Those I'd like to see it on python..
From: Stefan Behnel on
ikuta liu, 12.01.2010 16:09:
> I'm a little confused.
> Is python not good enough?
> for google, enhance python performance is the good way better then
> choose build Go language?
>
> Go language try to merge low level, hight level and browser language.
>
> Those I'd like to see it on python..

I think everyone's free to put resources into the creation of new
programming languages. Google has enough money to put it into all sorts of
things without the need to have them pay off.

Stefan
From: Krister Svanlund on
Every language has it uses and Google obviously thought that it would
take more resources to get Python to the level they need it than to
start using Go.

Python is great for alot of things but it's not perfect for anything.

From: Ethan Furman on
[please don't top-post]

Krister Svanlund wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM, ikuta liu <ikuta85(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm a little confused.
>> Is python not good enough?
>> for google, enhance python performance is the good way better then
>> choose build Go language?
>>
>> Go language try to merge low level, hight level and browser language.
>>
>> Those I'd like to see it on python..
>> --
>>
> Every language has it uses and Google obviously thought that it would
> take more resources to get Python to the level they need it than to
> start using Go.
>
> Python is great for alot of things but it's not perfect for anything.

s/anything/everything/

~Ethan~
From: Terry Reedy on
On 1/12/2010 10:17 AM, Krister Svanlund wrote:
> Every language has it uses and Google obviously thought that it would
> take more resources to get Python to the level they need it than to
> start using Go.

'Google' does not think.

Go builds on previous works by the main developers. I doubt that they
even considered trying to upgrade Python and in particular, its
generators, to accomplish the parallel processing goals. Their goal of
making Go very fast to compile by machines somewhat conflicts with
Python's goal of being fast to read by humans.

Terry Jan Reedy