From: sk on
I have a need to use the treeview control in a database I'm working on but I
do NOT want to deal with the activex registration issues if I can get around
it. Is there any control native to access that can be made to act the same?
I can go with 2 or 3 listboxes but that is just not as slick looking in a
finished application and it uses up too much space on the form.

I have used the treeview with nested recordsets in the past but that was on
a single user app so there was not a big issue in getting the control loaded.
The app I'm working on now will be used by 20+ people so I want to stay away
from the registration issues if I can.

From: sk on
forgot to add I'm using 2007.

From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:16:01 -0700, sk <sk(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

No.
Create a setup program, which will install all required components.
Here is a link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139957%28office.10%29.aspx

The Wise installer is generally considered the best.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Larry Linson on
Some time ago, I did a demo using the TreeView. I did not have to load
anything "special", but do note that the sample includes two References that
are not "basic": Microsoft Office SP Web Components and Microsoft Windows
Common Controls v 6. As I often use the Windows Common Controls for file
selection, I suspect the TreeView is in the Microsoft Office XP Web
Components. If all your users have full Microsoft Office Pro installed, I
think there's a probability that they'll already have the Web Components
installed and you won't face ActiveX registration issues. (Caveat: But, that
may not be the case with all versions of Office.)

Former MVP (now Microsoft employee on the Access team) Jeff Conrad has
several useful links about TreeView at
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/treeview.html.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

From: Larry Linson on
Oops, finger-fumble. The first reference should be

Microsoft Office XP Web Components

Larry

"Larry Linson" <bouncer(a)localhost.not> wrote in message
> Some time ago, I did a demo using the TreeView. I did not have to load
> anything "special", but do note that the sample includes two References
> that are not "basic": Microsoft Office SP Web Components and Microsoft
> Windows Common Controls v 6. As I often use the Windows Common Controls
> for file selection, I suspect the TreeView is in the Microsoft Office XP
> Web Components. If all your users have full Microsoft Office Pro
> installed, I think there's a probability that they'll already have the Web
> Components installed and you won't face ActiveX registration issues.
> (Caveat: But, that may not be the case with all versions of Office.)
>
> Former MVP (now Microsoft employee on the Access team) Jeff Conrad has
> several useful links about TreeView at
> http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/treeview.html.
>
> Larry Linson
> Microsoft Office Access MVP
>

> "sk" <sk(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a need to use the treeview control in a database I'm working on but
>> do NOT want to deal with the activex registration issues if I can get
>> around
>> it. Is there any control native to access that can be made to act the
>> same?
>> I can go with 2 or 3 listboxes but that is just not as slick looking in a
>> finished application and it uses up too much space on the form.
>>
>> I have used the treeview with nested recordsets in the past but that was
>> on
>> a single user app so there was not a big issue in getting the control
>> loaded.
>> The app I'm working on now will be used by 20+ people so I want to stay
>> away
>> from the registration issues if I can.
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2