From: Chad on
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1).

Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen,
pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this
additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the
subform.

The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in
Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform
so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te
esubform to pass its information to the table?

Thanks in advance
From: Jeff Boyce on
Chad

It all starts with the data ... and you're describing forms ...

Where are you keeping your data? In the same Access file as the forms? In
a "split" Access ("back-end") file? In a SQL-Server database?

In the first two situations, I believe that as soon as you "dirty" the
subform record, you are writing to the table behind the subform. Note that
this is based on two assumptions: 1) your subform is bound to an underlying
table/query; 2) the combobox that pops up the additional form is NOT the
first field used on the subform.

You haven't described your data and structure. If you provide a bit more
specific description, folks here may be able to offer a bit more specific
suggestions.

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:30:01 -0700, Chad <Chad(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in
>Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform
>so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te
>esubform to pass its information to the table?

In the code which pops up the form, include the line

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

before the openform step.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Chad on
Thank you for your response Jeff. I apologize for the lack of information,
hopefully the following will help:

I have a form (Form1) which uses Table1 as its source. Form1 contains a
subform (Subform1) which uses Table2 as its source. The Subform is a single
form data entry form used to populate a table which has a one-to-many
relationship with the table that is source table of the main form (Form1)

Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen,
pops up another form (Popup1) for additional information. This popup form
is unbound but will be used to populate a table (Table3)that has a one to
many relationship with the source table of Subform1 (Table2) through a query.

The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in
Popup1, the Table2 has not been populated with he data that is in the subform
so there is no record to relate to when running the query to populate
Table3. What is the best way to force the subform to pass its information to
the table?

Thanks again, I hope this is more clear.

From: Jeff Boyce on
Chad

I believe John V's offered a way to ensure that the subform record is saved
before moving on to the pop-up form.