From: George Petasis on
Hi all,

I was looking at the distributions of ActiveState, and seems that both
perl & python have 64 bit distributions for windows, but not tcl.

Is there a (windows specific) reason for it?
(64 bit distributions exist for linux for example, so this seems
unrelated to tcl/teacup/etc.)

George
From: APN on
On Jul 12, 8:54 pm, George Petasis <petas...(a)yahoo.gr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was looking at the distributions of ActiveState, and seems that both
> perl & python have 64 bit distributions for windows, but not tcl.
>
> Is there a (windows specific) reason for it?
> (64 bit distributions exist for linux for example, so this seems
> unrelated to tcl/teacup/etc.)
>
> George

Not sure if you specifically want ActiveTcl, but there is a 64-bit Tcl
8.5.8 version at http://sourceforge.net/projects/twapi/files/Development%20Releases/tcl-x64-8.5.8.zip/download

From: Jeff Hobbs on
On Jul 12, 8:54 am, George Petasis <petas...(a)yahoo.gr> wrote:
> I was looking at the distributions of ActiveState, and seems that both
> perl & python have 64 bit distributions for windows, but not tcl.
>
> Is there a (windows specific) reason for it?
> (64 bit distributions exist for linux for example, so this seems
> unrelated to tcl/teacup/etc.)

You will find the ActiveTcl 64-bit Windows download at:
http://www.activestate.com/activetcl/downloads

Jeff