From: Zbigniew Diaczyszyn on
If the font is very large (e.g. 16 points) the tree content is not
fitting into the rows. Can the height of the rows for the whole widget
be changed?

Googling around for a solution I found the following note (Mon, 28 Apr
2008):

> ttk::treeview item height
> is essentially hardcoded: there's (currently) no (convenient) way
> to change it for individual items, or even for the widget as a whole.
> --Joe English

Is this still the actual state?

Trying "ttk::style element options treearea" doesn't show any option ...

From: Georgios Petasis on
στις 12/7/2010 20:45, O/H Zbigniew Diaczyszyn έγραψε:
> If the font is very large (e.g. 16 points) the tree content is not
> fitting into the rows. Can the height of the rows for the whole widget
> be changed?
>
> Googling around for a solution I found the following note (Mon, 28 Apr
> 2008):
>
>> ttk::treeview item height
>> is essentially hardcoded: there's (currently) no (convenient) way
>> to change it for individual items, or even for the widget as a whole.
>> --Joe English
>
> Is this still the actual state?
>
> Trying "ttk::style element options treearea" doesn't show any option ...

I also had this issue, and my conclusion was that it is not
changeable... I haven't find a way to modify it...

George
From: Georgios Petasis on
στις 12/7/2010 20:52, O/H Georgios Petasis έγραψε:
> στις 12/7/2010 20:45, O/H Zbigniew Diaczyszyn έγραψε:
>> If the font is very large (e.g. 16 points) the tree content is not
>> fitting into the rows. Can the height of the rows for the whole widget
>> be changed?
>>
>> Googling around for a solution I found the following note (Mon, 28 Apr
>> 2008):
>>
>>> ttk::treeview item height
>>> is essentially hardcoded: there's (currently) no (convenient) way
>>> to change it for individual items, or even for the widget as a whole.
>>> --Joe English
>>
>> Is this still the actual state?
>>
>> Trying "ttk::style element options treearea" doesn't show any option ...
>>

> I also had this issue, and my conclusion was that it is not
> changeable... I haven't find a way to modify it...
>
> George

I meant "haven't found"... :-)

George
From: Emiliano on
Zbigniew Diaczyszyn ha escrito:
> If the font is very large (e.g. 16 points) the tree content is not
> fitting into the rows. Can the height of the rows for the whole widget
> be changed?

This should do the trick (change the row height for the whole
widget):

set height 40
ttk::style configure Custom.Treeview -rowheight $height
$tree configure -style Custom.Treeview

Note that this option is undocumented, and it could go away
without notice, or the api changed, etc.

Regards

Emiliano
From: Zbigniew Diaczyszyn on
Am 12.07.2010 21:55, schrieb Emiliano:

> set height 40
> ttk::style configure Custom.Treeview -rowheight $height
> $tree configure -style Custom.Treeview
>
> Note that this option is undocumented, and it could go away
> without notice, or the api changed, etc.

Thank you, Emiliano,

I have tested the configuration successfully on Linux and MacOSX with
the following parameters:

set points 16
set rowheight [expr {$points * 2}]

ttk::style configure Custom.Treeview -rowheight $rowheight
$tree configure -style Custom.Treeview

If $rowheight is less then the double of $points then the treeview
display is cut.

Zbigniew