From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote:

>> Newsgroup Answers MDB - I designed the MDB to assist frequent
>> newsgroup answerers, such as MVPs, in quickly locating and pasting in
>> their favourite snippets of answers.
>> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/newsgroupanswersmdb.htm
>>

> Thanks. MDB? Is that an access database?

Correct.

>Is there a way to convert it to csv or text without
>having Office, so that I could store it in a different
>format?

That's the template MDB with queries and forms but no data. So no
answers in it.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote:

>> In the 90s, that might have been a cause for concern. These days most
>> providers give unlimited bandwitdh, which makes the worry moot.
>>

> I'd agree that such a small amount is not
>likely to matter...unless of course Tony ends
>up selling a million copies. :)

Exceedingly unlikely. That's several orders of magnitude higher than
the guesstimate of all the downloads of the free utility in the past 8
or 9 years.

Tony
From: Karl E. Peterson on
mayayana wrote:
>> Newsgroup Answers MDB - I designed the MDB to assist frequent
>> newsgroup answerers, such as MVPs, in quickly locating and pasting in
>> their favourite snippets of answers.
>> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/newsgroupanswersmdb.htm
>>

> Thanks. MDB? Is that an access database?
> Is there a way to convert it to csv or text without
> having Office, so that I could store it in a different
> format?

An MDB as Tony refers to it is a lot more than a database. It's really an
application with an embedded database. In that sense, a question like this doesn't
really make sense.
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Nobody on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote in message

>> > Would that be a case
>> > like accessing one's company network from outside
>> > to reach an intranet webpage?
>>
>> No it's the other way around. The employee is asked for a password to
> access
>> the Internet
>
> I see. A related issue:
>
> I actually built in a proxy check to the
> UC, so that it would raise an error if someone
> is connecting via proxy. Strangely, though, it
> tells me that I'm connected via proxy! I'm using
> cable with a router. Maybe the router is seen
> as a proxy. I don't know. But I have to comment
> out the proxy check to use the UC myself.

Maybe you have "Automatically detect settings" enabled in Internet Explorer
Options-->Connections-->LAN Settings.

From: mayayana on

> Maybe you have "Automatically detect settings" enabled in Internet
Explorer
> Options-->Connections-->LAN Settings.

Thanks. I never thought of that.
InternetGetConnectedState is in Wininet, which
is IE-connected. Part of the reason for using
winsock was to eliminate those IE tie-ins, but
I didn't think of InternetGetConnectedState.
(And I don't know of any other way to check
that status.)

It turned out that I had set IE to use a proxy
through ddd.com. I don't know why. I never use
IE online, so I must have just been testing
something at one point. Anyway, thank you. I
never would have thought of that.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Printing the Form