From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>No matter if I download a genuine file or not, from a valid domain
>name, I always get

So I made an exe and ran the code in a Windows XP virtual system and
it worked as expected. I saw the code 200 and 404 as expected.

However I still didn't need to Start Sock.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote:

>A successful server interaction but with an
>error when it finishes.

That sounds like it might be the problem. When I poked about in the
MouseUp routine I commented out the RaiseEvent -1 line and replaced it
with the line in the else condition.

DisConnect
If (LNum = -1) Then
' RaiseEvent OnDownloadFinish(-1, CStr(Err.LastDllError))
RaiseEvent OnDownloadFinish(LServerCode, sServerCode)
Else
RaiseEvent OnDownloadFinish(LServerCode, sServerCode)
End If

I got the expected results. 200 and 404 as appropriate for file found
and not found. So I'm going to think about this a bit. There sure
appears to be something "special" about my system. And I hate being
"special" <sigh>

Tony

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote:

> Have I got that right? Another thought I had: It sounds
>like you're doing GETs, but if you're doing HEAD that might
>make a difference. The T1_MouseUp sub in the UC is where
>the data gets received. It keeps receiving until it gets a
>0 (no more data) or -1 (error from WReceive). What you see
>in the program window is the return from OnDownloadFinish,
>either the server code or -1, depending on the call to WReceive.

Been playing around with this trying to figure out why my system is so
special. One clue is that I inserted the following debug line

Case FD_READ '-- &H1 - read buffer is ready. Get <= 8 KB.
ReDim ABuf(0 To 8191) As Byte
LNum = WReceive(HSock, ABuf(0), LEN8192, 0&)
Debug.Print "LNum: " & LNum

When I download a 64 kb file I get the following

LNum: 8192
LNum: 8192
LNum: 8192
LNum: 8192
LNum: 8192
LNum: 8192
LNum: 8192
LNum: 7563
LNum: 0
LNum: -1
LNum: -1
LNum: -1
LNum: -1
LNum: -1
LNum: -1
LNum: -1

When I download a 106 Kb file I get 6 or so more of the LNum: 8192
lines and 6 or so more of the Lnum -1 lines. So I don't know why
the T1_MouseUp routine is being called again like that resulting in
multiple -1 entries on LNum.

Still digging a bit.

Tony
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote:

>Each time I got a 404 as expected. I don't know what
>might be different between our two systems or
>connections, and I've never heard of anyone running
>into that problem before.

I have TCP/IP V6 also enabled in Win XP. Maybe that's a difference.

Given that this control has something to do with a Mouse maybe it's
because it's a laptop with a Mouse pad and an external USB mouse. I
unplugged the USB mouse but that didn't make a difference.

Tony

From: Nobody on
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> However I still didn't need to Start Sock.

You must. Maybe the OS you are using is forgiving, but it may not work in
other OS'es or service packs. Quote from the first paragraph of WSAStartup's
remarks section: "The WSAStartup function must be the first Windows Sockets
function called by an application or DLL. It allows an application or DLL to
specify the version of Windows Sockets required and retrieve details of the
specific Windows Sockets implementation. The application or DLL can only
issue further Windows Sockets functions after successfully calling
WSAStartup."

If you don't call it, you would normally get WSANOTINITIALISED, but it seems
that the OS that you are using calls it for you, but this may not happen in
the future.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Printing the Form