From: Flint on
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background
..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and
some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup"
all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this
possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is
there a solution that I'm going to like?

Regards,

From: LD55ZRA on

When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on
your keyboard? If so then these files must be still in your recycle bin.
Of curse it depends when they were deleted.

Go to your desktop and see if there is a link to recycle bin (or Norton
Protected Recycle Bin if you have installed Norton Tools), Now right click
on it and choose explore. When you see your files double click on it and it
will allow you to reinstate in its original place.

hth

From: Ronx on
If you deleted the files from FrontPage, they are gone for good - there is no recycle bin with FrontPage.
If the files exist elsewhere (on the live web, for instance) import the duplicates into the website, otherwise use the backup you made.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

Flint explained :

From: Tina Clarke on
"Flint" <Flint(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background
> .gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and
> some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they
> "backup"
> all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this
> possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or
> is
> there a solution that I'm going to like?
>
> Regards,

deleted files in fp do not go to the recyle bin they are gone

however ... do you have your site on your hard drive and online?

what is the link to your site?

You can just get the files from the server

backing up is up to you.... you just publish your site to another web on
your hard drive.

http://accessfp.net/backupfp.htm

see that helps when it comes to understanding backup.

if you work live and don't have a backup on your hd ... then two other
solutions are ask your host if they have a backup of your site and can they
let you have a copy see if your site or pages is on the wayback machine
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

hth Tina
Expression Web Easter Giveaway
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html
Prizes: EW 3.0 x1, Migrating from FronPage to Expression Web Ebook x2, EW
Tips Ebooks x3
Special Prize: SEO Toolbar for any version. Runs: 12th March - 30th April