From: 116 on
I would like to create a page to display business cards that have been
scanned and placed in a folder on our server. Can these cards be displayed
without having to actually be in the Web?

David
From: LD55ZRA on

Of course you can. You can create a webpage that can be opened in any
browser and it will display the cards on the screen. You don't need to be
online BUT you should have access to the server (or a folder where these
pictures are) as "read-only" minimum requirements.

hth

From: Andrew Murray on

"116" <dweekley(a)stdgear.com> wrote in message
> I would like to create a page to display business cards that have been
> scanned and placed in a folder on our server. Can these cards be
> displayed
> without having to actually be in the Web?
>
> David

No one can view anything on your private network unless they have
permission........

Everything you want to be viewed by the public must be published to a web
server.

This is easy to achieve, just scan the business cards, save them as JPG or
PNG files, and publish them to the web, and insert them into a normal web
page, and publish that page to the web, with the appropriate link.

From: 116 on
Thanks Andrew. So I do need to publish the card.jpg's to the web. Easy fix.
I just need to know when new cards are scanned.

Thanks
David