From: Dennis Nedry on

From: Peter Hickman on
On 9 August 2010 14:12, Sniper Abandon <sathish.salem.1984(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> i have a rails project which should talk to humans.
> i know it is not as much easy to do that.
> so i planned to integrate any good ChatBot with my rails(obviously ruby)
> code

You are still confusing me. You said Ruby, you are now saying Rails
(Ruby is not Rails!!!!!).

How you are talking about having a Chatbot, which has little to do with Rails.

Again google is your friend, google for 'ruby chatbot'

The third result is stack overflow (a good place to find answers to
questions), the fourth answer on stack overflow is a link to a chatbot
written in ruby

http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/1785

You have a link to a version of eliza in ruby, we have added a link to
a chatbot in ruby.

If you look a bit harder (I'm not doing all your f**king homework for
you) you might even find an eliza chatbot written in ruby. Or you
could write code.

Seriously, learn to find things for yourself.

From: Louis-Philippe on

man... free use of offensive language like this have no place on this side
of the internets...
please, this stops here.

From: Brian Candler on
Sniper Abandon wrote:
> i have a rails project which should talk to humans.
> i know it is not as much easy to do that.
> so i planned to integrate any good ChatBot with my rails(obviously ruby)
> code

If you have a stateless Eliza program - one whose answers don't depend
on any previous answers or messages typed in - which runs as a console
app, then it should be easy. Open the program using IO.popen, send it a
message, get a response, kill it, return the response to the user.

If there is state in the conversation, then it's more difficult, because
HTTP is a stateless protocol. You could keep a pool of Elizas, and the
one you're talking to would be identified by a HTTP cookie, say. Then
you'd have to kill any idle conversations.

If this is your first Rails project, then you might be biting off rather
a lot.

If you can find an existing Ruby Eliza, that would be your easiest
solution. If it's stateless then you just call it; if it's stateful then
you keep the state in a session object.