From: ed on
Hi all,

exchnage 2003 sp2/outlook 2003

since we can not set any limit on the message size, most internal users send
large size attachment each other. some times, it will cause our mail server
queued up and delay messages delivery.

Just wonder is there a way to set size on the internal messages (inside
organization)?

Thank you.

From: Vinkie on
Yes, there is a way.

In ESM 'Global Settings', 'Message Delivery', 'Defaults' tab.

From: ed on
Thanksfor your help.

If I put limit on the global settings, will it apply to all emails which
include external emails too?

I only need to set attachment limit on INTERNAL USERS.

ANY IDEA?

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
What do you mean by "INTERNAL USERS"? You have internal and external users?
Message limits are applied at points where messages flow:
- Globally, which applies to all messages sent anywhere
- Mailbox store, which applies to all mailboxes in the store
- Mailbox-enabled user, which applies to that user only
- Distribution group, which applies to mail sent through the DG
- Public folder, which applies to mail sent to it
- Connectors, which applies to mail sent through them
- SMTP virtual server, which applies to mail sent through them
The limit that applies is the minimum that is in effect at any point in the
message route. I don't see any practical way to enforce limits sent
interanlly that is smaller than sent externally. And, if you think about
it, what you want makes no sense. Messages sent outside your organization
must first travel through it.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: ed on
Ed, thank you.

Sorry. I mean internal messages When users inside organization send to
other users inside organization.

unfortunately, we can not set limit due to bussiness requirement. users at
our company treat our mail server as our file server and send large files
(more than 500MB) to other users INSIDE organization. Also, we are not
allowed to put limit on
mails we send or receive externally.

Is there a way to put limit on mails when users INSIDE company send to other
users inside company? But, no limit on mails send to or receive from
external company (not our company)???

Thank you.