From: harryreg_uk on
I'm using Win 2000 and IE 6 but I need to be able to do some testing using
IE 7 & 8 but obviously as MS prevents you having more than one IE version on
a single installation I'm a bit stuffed!

So, could I install Window Virtual PC 2004/2007 (which version?) and then
get from somewhere an XP or Win 7 virtual disk image ( I only need to use it
for a couple of weeks!) which I could install other IE versions in

Would this work? if so, what version of VPC do I need and where would I get
a disk image? or as I'm fearing is this something else MS prevents you from
doing?

thanks in advance

harry

From: neo on
I would go with Virtual PC 2004 since VPC2007 doesn't list Windows 2000 SP4
as a supported host platform.

I don't see why not since Microsoft makes time-limited VHD's available for
download.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=21EABB90-958F-4B64-B5F1-73D0A413C8EF&displaylang=en

From: Ronald Phillips on
On May 9, 6:12 am, "harryreg_uk" <harryreg...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Win 2000 and IE 6 but I need to be able to do some testing using
> IE 7 & 8 but obviously as MS prevents you having more than one IE version on
> a single installation I'm a bit stuffed!
>
> So, could I install Window Virtual PC 2004/2007 (which version?) and then
> get from somewhere an XP or Win 7 virtual disk image ( I only need to use it
> for a couple of weeks!) which I could install other IE versions in
>
> Would this work? if so, what version of VPC do I need and where would I get
> a disk image? or as I'm fearing is this something else MS prevents you from
> doing?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> harry

I recommend Vmware Player. The latest version works fine in Windows
2000 using the following instructions:

http://win2kgaming.site90.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=553

Pages: 1
Prev: USB support