From: David on
The Click events of the text box controls on a splash screen open forms - not web pages or files. I want the mouse pointer to change to a hand as the mouse rolls over each control.
I thought that the text box IsHyperlink property would do this for me - so I chose text boxes.

I'm stuck with Access 2003 on this one and I don't mind a "little difficulty".

Thanks,

DT

Can clicking a label with a hyperlink address open a form?

Dirk Goldgar wrote:

So far as I can tell, setting IsHyperlink to Yes/True for an unbound textbox
09-May-10

So far as I can tell, setting IsHyperlink to Yes/True for an unbound text
box does not make it behave as a hyperlink; it just causes it to be
formatted as hyperlinks are formatted. You can use code to make it behave
as a hyperlink, and even (with a little difficulty in Access 2003) make a
hand cursor appear when mousing over it.

it is not hard to do, but maybe there is an easier way to accomplish your
goal. Why exactly are you using an unbound text box as a hyperlink, rather
than a label with a hyperlink address, or a control bound to a hyperlink
field? What are you really trying to do?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

BOOK REVIEW: Effective C#, Second Edition [Addison Wesley]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b2f8766d-a4c1-4d5a-97af-c38852b3b455/book-review-effective-c.aspx
From: Peter Hibbs on
David,

Perhaps this might help :-

http://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/662035-changing-mouse-cursor

Peter Hibbs.

From: DRedDog on
Thanks, Peter Hibbs. Setting the value of myLabel.HyperlinkAddress to " "
(space character) does cause the mouse pointer to change to a hand as the
mouse passes over myLabel. But it also causes the space character to be
displayed in little box under the hand. If I could get rid of that little
box then my problem would be solved. Any ideas?

DT

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"David Taylor" wrote in message news:201059145725david(a)dbtaylor.net...
> The Click events of the text box controls on a splash screen open forms -
> not web pages or files. I want the mouse pointer to change to a hand as
> the mouse rolls over each control.
> I thought that the text box IsHyperlink property would do this for me - so
> I chose text boxes.
>
> I'm stuck with Access 2003 on this one and I don't mind a "little
> difficulty".

You can use Windows API calls to change the cursor in the control's
MouseMove event. With the code from this link:

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0044.htm

.... in a standard module, you can set your text box's OnMouseMove property
to this expression:

=MouseCursor(32649)

The cursor will change to a "hand" while the mouse is over the control, and
change back automatically when you move it off the control.

From: Peter Hibbs on
David,

See Dirk Goldgar's reply which would be the easiest to use. Post back
if you have any problems implementing it.

Peter Hibbs.

On Mon, 10 May 2010 07:59:04 -0400, "DRedDog" <dreddog69(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks, Peter Hibbs. Setting the value of myLabel.HyperlinkAddress to " "
>(space character) does cause the mouse pointer to change to a hand as the
>mouse passes over myLabel. But it also causes the space character to be
>displayed in little box under the hand. If I could get rid of that little
>box then my problem would be solved. Any ideas?
>
>DT
>
>"Peter Hibbs" <peter.hibbs(a)btinternet.com.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> David,
>>
>> Perhaps this might help :-
>>
>> http://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/662035-changing-mouse-cursor
>>
>> Peter Hibbs.
>>
>> On Sun, 09 May 2010 11:57:25 -0700, David Taylor wrote:
>>
>>>The Click events of the text box controls on a splash screen open forms -
>>>not web pages or files. I want the mouse pointer to change to a hand as
>>>the mouse rolls over each control.
>>>I thought that the text box IsHyperlink property would do this for me - so
>>>I chose text boxes.
>>>
>>>I'm stuck with Access 2003 on this one and I don't mind a "little
>>>difficulty".
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>DT
>>>
>>>Can clicking a label with a hyperlink address open a form?
>>>

>>>Dirk Goldgar wrote:
>>>
>>>So far as I can tell, setting IsHyperlink to Yes/True for an unbound
>>>textbox
>>>09-May-10
>>>
>>>So far as I can tell, setting IsHyperlink to Yes/True for an unbound text
>>>box does not make it behave as a hyperlink; it just causes it to be
>>>formatted as hyperlinks are formatted. You can use code to make it behave
>>>as a hyperlink, and even (with a little difficulty in Access 2003) make a
>>>hand cursor appear when mousing over it.
>>>
>>>it is not hard to do, but maybe there is an easier way to accomplish your
>>>goal. Why exactly are you using an unbound text box as a hyperlink,
>>>rather
>>>than a label with a hyperlink address, or a control bound to a hyperlink
>>>field? What are you really trying to do?
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: WordMerge
Next: Unhiding a Nav Bar Object