From: Alfred Molon on
In article <d129a8f7-0a55-4052-8406-
ba34aeca78ef(a)z26g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, rander3127(a)gmail.com says...

--

Alfred Molon
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 01:36:11 -0800, C J Campbell
<christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>This is Mayor Richard M. Daley's town. The same Mayor Daley who
>illegally closed Meigs Airport by bulldozing its runways in the dead of
>night, stranding sixteen planes there. No warning to planes that might
>have been on the way, either, or any notification to the FAA (the FAA
>requires advance notification of the closing of an airport for obvious
>safety reasons), which promptly sued the city of Chicago.

Having lived in Chicago when the original "Da Mayor" was in office, I
have a much different view of Mayor Daley's father. However, I'm not
interested in debating political views, so...a joke for photographers
and pilots instead:

A CNN News reporter booked a chartered flight. He was told a
twin-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.

Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a
hanger. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and
shouted, 'Let's go'.

The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind
and took off. Once in the air, the photographer instructed the
pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures
of the fires on the hillsides.'

'Why?' asked the pilot.

'Because I'm a photographer for CNN', he responded, 'and I need to get
some close up shots.'

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment. Finally he stammered,
'So, what you're telling me, is . . . You're NOT my flight
instructor?'

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-02-06 06:58:06 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 01:36:11 -0800, C J Campbell
> <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is Mayor Richard M. Daley's town. The same Mayor Daley who
>> illegally closed Meigs Airport by bulldozing its runways in the dead of
>> night, stranding sixteen planes there. No warning to planes that might
>> have been on the way, either, or any notification to the FAA (the FAA
>> requires advance notification of the closing of an airport for obvious
>> safety reasons), which promptly sued the city of Chicago.
>>
> Having lived in Chicago when the original "Da Mayor" was in office, I
> have a much different view of Mayor Daley's father. However, I'm not
> interested in debating political views, so...a joke for photographers
> and pilots instead:
>
> A CNN News reporter booked a chartered flight. He was told a
> twin-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.
>
> Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a
> hanger. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and
> shouted, 'Let's go'.
>
> The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind
> and took off. Once in the air, the photographer instructed the
> pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures
> of the fires on the hillsides.'
>
> 'Why?' asked the pilot.
>
> 'Because I'm a photographer for CNN', he responded, 'and I need to get
> some close up shots.'
>
> The pilot was strangely silent for a moment. Finally he stammered,
> 'So, what you're telling me, is . . . You're NOT my flight
> instructor?'

Eh, by the time a pilot is learning to fly a twin engined plane, he
should be able to handle it. :D

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-02-06 06:58:06 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 01:36:11 -0800, C J Campbell
> <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is Mayor Richard M. Daley's town. The same Mayor Daley who
>> illegally closed Meigs Airport by bulldozing its runways in the dead of
>> night, stranding sixteen planes there. No warning to planes that might
>> have been on the way, either, or any notification to the FAA (the FAA
>> requires advance notification of the closing of an airport for obvious
>> safety reasons), which promptly sued the city of Chicago.
>>
> Having lived in Chicago when the original "Da Mayor" was in office, I
> have a much different view of Mayor Daley's father. However, I'm not
> interested in debating political views, so...a joke for photographers
> and pilots instead:
>
> A CNN News reporter booked a chartered flight. He was told a
> twin-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.
>
> Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a
> hanger. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and
> shouted, 'Let's go'.
>
> The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind
> and took off. Once in the air, the photographer instructed the
> pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures
> of the fires on the hillsides.'
>
> 'Why?' asked the pilot.
>
> 'Because I'm a photographer for CNN', he responded, 'and I need to get
> some close up shots.'
>
> The pilot was strangely silent for a moment. Finally he stammered,
> 'So, what you're telling me, is . . . You're NOT my flight
> instructor?'

Real life story: Shortly after 9/11, small airports and general
aviation businesses were scrambling to prove that they were not
terrorist threats. The FBI descended on our flight school, carted away
all of our records, and did not return them for months. The only thing
they found was that it turned out one of the instructors was an illegal
alien from Germany (he had overstayed a student visa). We all thought
he was a citizen. He had suddenly quit the first day the FBI showed up
and last I heard he was working as a stock broker in Las Vegas. I have
no idea whether he ever got his immigration status worked out.

Anyway, down in Arizona, Glendale Aviation had this great idea for a
press day. They invited some reporters and a photographer from the
Arizona Republic down for an airplane ride. They had a beautiful old
Piper Seneca and assigned a very experienced, albeit elderly, pilot to
the flight. Okay, he was something like 80 years old. The reporters all
gathered around as he preflighted the Seneca, going over everything in
his usual careful, methodical habit. Then he keeled over, dead. Massive
heart attack.

How's that for making a great positive impression?

From: John McWilliams on
C J Campbell wrote:
> On 2010-02-06 06:58:06 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
> said:
>
>> On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 01:36:11 -0800, C J Campbell
>> <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This is Mayor Richard M. Daley's town. The same Mayor Daley who
>>> illegally closed Meigs Airport by bulldozing its runways in the dead of
>>> night, stranding sixteen planes there. No warning to planes that might
>>> have been on the way, either, or any notification to the FAA (the FAA
>>> requires advance notification of the closing of an airport for obvious
>>> safety reasons), which promptly sued the city of Chicago.
>>>
>> Having lived in Chicago when the original "Da Mayor" was in office, I
>> have a much different view of Mayor Daley's father. However, I'm not
>> interested in debating political views, so...a joke for photographers
>> and pilots instead:
>>
>> A CNN News reporter booked a chartered flight. He was told a
>> twin-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.
>>
>> Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a
>> hanger. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and
>> shouted, 'Let's go'.
>>
>> The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind
>> and took off. Once in the air, the photographer instructed the
>> pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures
>> of the fires on the hillsides.'
>>
>> 'Why?' asked the pilot.
>>
>> 'Because I'm a photographer for CNN', he responded, 'and I need to get
>> some close up shots.'
>>
>> The pilot was strangely silent for a moment. Finally he stammered,
>> 'So, what you're telling me, is . . . You're NOT my flight
>> instructor?'
>
> Eh, by the time a pilot is learning to fly a twin engined plane, he
> should be able to handle it. :D

Oh, c'mon, Eagle, don't spoil a good joke with reality! O.K., so next
time make it a SEL. I really enjoyed that, tony.

--
John McWilliams
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3