From: Epifani0 on
Hi

I have my music on a NAS disk and it shows up in itunes correctly as
a shared library (the Lacie creates an iTunes media server). When I
have iTunes running on my PC I can control the music playing from my
Airport Express, via the Remote app on my iTouch/iPhone.

Question: How can I control the music on my NAS without my PC being
switched on? Since the NAS is declaring itself as an Itunes server,
it should be possible.

Any ideas greatly received.

Cheers

Epifani0
From: Tom Harrington on
In article
<491aa167-2b1c-4dfc-9372-9b613aec689c(a)u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>,
Epifani0 <epifanio0(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have my music on a NAS disk and it shows up in itunes correctly as
> a shared library (the Lacie creates an iTunes media server). When I
> have iTunes running on my PC I can control the music playing from my
> Airport Express, via the Remote app on my iTouch/iPhone.
>
> Question: How can I control the music on my NAS without my PC being
> switched on? Since the NAS is declaring itself as an Itunes server,
> it should be possible.

Well no it shouldn't. The iPhone Remote app controls the iTunes
application, and leaves library management to that app. Without a
running copy of iTunes on the local network it can't do anything.

--
Tom "Tom" Harrington
Independent Mac OS X developer since 2002

Pages: 1
Prev: YouTube and Safari
Next: Cambria Fonts in PDFs?