From: The Wolf on
If I re import some songs I really like to get the higher bit rate will it
delete my play count info?

From: John McWilliams on
The Wolf wrote:
> If I re import some songs I really like to get the higher bit rate will it
> delete my play count info?

Not unless you delete the file that already has the play count.

How much value is that to you historically?

--
john mcwilliams
From: The Wolf on
On 6/19/10 3:23 PM, in article hvjg0p$2v8$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> The Wolf wrote:
>> If I re import some songs I really like to get the higher bit rate will it
>> delete my play count info?
>
> Not unless you delete the file that already has the play count.
>
> How much value is that to you historically?
I don't understand your question?

If I re import it asks me If I want to replace the existing, I am afraid to
do that, don't want to lose the play count.

From: nospam on
In article <C842933D.4A3A4%elvisp(a)compuserve.com>, The Wolf
<elvisp(a)compuserve.com> wrote:

> >> If I re import some songs I really like to get the higher bit rate will it
> >> delete my play count info?
> >
> > Not unless you delete the file that already has the play count.
> >
> > How much value is that to you historically?
> I don't understand your question?
>
> If I re import it asks me If I want to replace the existing, I am afraid to
> do that, don't want to lose the play count.

try it with one song and see what happens. pick a song that has a play
count of 1 or 2 so you can fix it just in case.