From: Mirsky on
Hi. I can't get Safari to open up PDF files within itself anymore. In
fact, when I click on a PDF, it asks for an application to open it and
Preview is grayed out. I did delete the Adobe Acrobat application from
my hard drive because it was always asking to be updated and the updates
never worked. Is there some kind of setting I need to change? I already
looked in Safari's preferences.
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kir=E1ly?= on
Mirsky <mirsky(a)mirsky.com> wrote:
> Hi. I can't get Safari to open up PDF files within itself anymore. In
> fact, when I click on a PDF, it asks for an application to open it and
> Preview is grayed out. I did delete the Adobe Acrobat application from
> my hard drive because it was always asking to be updated and the updates
> never worked. Is there some kind of setting I need to change? I already
> looked in Safari's preferences.

Do you hav the same problem when logged in to a different user account?
Do you have Adobe Reader installed?

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
From: Malcolm on
On 2010-06-18 22:12:00 -0400, Mirsky said:

> Hi. I can't get Safari to open up PDF files within itself anymore. In
> fact, when I click on a PDF, it asks for an application to open it and
> Preview is grayed out. I did delete the Adobe Acrobat application from
> my hard drive because it was always asking to be updated and the updates
> never worked. Is there some kind of setting I need to change? I already
> looked in Safari's preferences.

Look for and Acrobat or Adobe PDF plugins in:
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

From: Mirsky on
In article <2010061901044416807-malcolm(a)invalid>,
Malcolm <malcolm(a)invalid> wrote:

> On 2010-06-18 22:12:00 -0400, Mirsky said:
>
> > Hi. I can't get Safari to open up PDF files within itself anymore. In
> > fact, when I click on a PDF, it asks for an application to open it and
> > Preview is grayed out. I did delete the Adobe Acrobat application from
> > my hard drive because it was always asking to be updated and the updates
> > never worked. Is there some kind of setting I need to change? I already
> > looked in Safari's preferences.
>
> Look for and Acrobat or Adobe PDF plugins in:
> /Library/Internet Plug-Ins

I have a plug-in called AdobePDFViewer.plugin
From: Mirsky on
In article <96XSn.7191$Z6.2387(a)edtnps82>, me(a)home.spamsucks.ca (Kir�ly)
wrote:

> Do you hav the same problem when logged in to a different user account?
> Do you have Adobe Reader installed?

I only have one user account. I did delete Adobe Reader. Someone told
me it wasn't part of the OS and that it'd be okay to get rid of it. Is
that true?
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Safari 5 search with google question
Next: Itunes ?