From: Eeyore on

Eeyore wrote:

> Gareth Magennis wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Its a disgrace, JBL want about �92 retail for a replacement 2412H-1
> > diaphragm.
> >
> > I can buy a complete assembly for a lot less here:
> >
> > http://www.thomann.de/gb/jbl_2412h_1treiber.htm
> >
> > There are "aftermarket" ones available in North America such as this:
> >
> > http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/DWP_JBL_2413.asp
> >
> > Are these worth considering? Is there any other reasonable alternative to a
> > JBL part, such as replaing the whole horn(s) with something else?
>
> www.proaudioparts.co.uk
>
> PA-D25 Diaphragm JBL 2412 �16.34
>
> It's a 'third party' replacement. I gather the 2412 isn't a real JBL but a
> bought in OEM part that's re-branded. You may also need some ferrofluid.
>
> And yes, it's ridiculous that JBL don't sell the diaphragm themselves.

I recently fitted the above replacement diaphragm with no problems.

When I saw the packaging, I instantly recognised that it looked like a P-AUDIO
part.

Sure enough, the JBL2412 seems to be a variant of P-Audio's PA-D25.
http://www.p-audio.co.uk/products/db_product_2_5_pa-d25.htm

www.proaudioparts.co.uk can supply the complete DRIVER for �16.33 !

JBL's price here (their aproved spares provider)
http://spares.cimplesolutions.com/product.php/244/1/33a53ab5a38d5e9c8140c38435b7a4c0

is �68.64 (it used to be more than that too).

i.e MORE than FOUR TIMES as expensive.

Graham