From: JSH on
On Nov 7, 4:26 pm, Enrico <ungerne...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Nov 7, 10:42 am, JSH <jst...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > ================================================
>
> > > Did a retake on T = 2q +jN
>
> > > I've been using j = 1 only
>
> > Yeah I noticed that in your description, but if 2q - f_1^2 is NOT a
> > quadratic residue modulo N, then you won't get a solution so only one
> > trivial factorization need be checked.
>
> > > With additional values of j things work alot better.
>
> > >                                                     Enrico
>
> > Showing you the power of mathematical proof.
>
> > Examples can only do so much, though they can help clarify because I
> > only recently noticed that latest myself though it's in my research
> > results where it's been for over a year.  I just didn't realize the
> > significance in this context until recently.
>
> > Surrogate factoring is already large enough that most of the answers
> > are buried somewhere in the equations.
>
> > But even I get lost often on the details.
>
> > IN any event, it's a beautiful little result.  A fundamental
> > relationship between solutions to quadratic residues, and factoring.
>
> > James Harris- Hide quoted text -

> > Yeah I noticed that in your description, but if 2q - f_1^2 is NOT a
> > quadratic residue modulo N, then you won't get a solution so only one
> > trivial factorization need be checked.
>
> One thing bothers me here - how do you test if a number is a
> quadratic
> residue modulo a composite N without knowing its prime factors first?

You don't. That result simply explains why you only need to check one
trivial factorization.

Though it also does tell you that you should only use any particular
residues for f_1 and f_2 once.

> As N gets larger than 35, the list of quadratic residues gets
> unmanagably long.
>
>                                                               Enrico

You decided to only check trivial factorizations so you had f_1 = 1.
YOU decided. Don't ask me why you decided to do that thing, but you
did.

Mathematically that runs into the reality that if a trivial
factorization will work, the very first one you check will work.

I simply corrected you.

The method is probabilistic. There is NO reason to ever check to see
if 2q - f_1^2 is a quadratic residue modulo N, except curiosity.

But that guarantee helps people to understand the power of this
method. It has an absolute check.

If 2q - f_1^2 is a quadratic residue modulo N, then it WILL work.

One thing that's important here is the reality of the denial in the
face of a fascinating method which actually has some extremely
intriguing mathematics associated with it!

My point is that many of you rip on and insult other people with the
absolute belief that they are worthless and their work is worthless in
a CLASS WAR. You feel some people are a second class in comparison to
yourselves.

So to you these peasants aren't capable of important work so you
decide their research isn't important and here you are foot-dragging
with a powerful method!

You are nothing more than wannabe royalty.

I'm simply proving it in a dramatic way. You're simply throwbacks to
a medieval age, who have your own dreams of ruling the world as a
dominant class with people like me beneath your feet.

Which is why you lie about math.

James Harris

From: Enrico on
On Nov 7, 7:46 pm, JSH <jst...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> My point is that many of you rip on and insult other people with the
> absolute belief that they are worthless and their work is worthless in
> a CLASS WAR.  You feel some people are a second class in comparison to
> yourselves.
>
> So to you these peasants aren't capable of important work so you
> decide their research isn't important and here you are foot-dragging
> with a powerful method!
>
> You are nothing more than wannabe royalty.
>
> I'm simply proving it in a dramatic way.  You're simply throwbacks to
> a medieval age, who have your own dreams of ruling the world as a
> dominant class with people like me beneath your feet.
>
> Which is why you lie about math.
>
> James Harris

> Mathematically that runs into the reality that if a trivial
> factorization will work, the very first one you check will work.

This is not true.
A trivial factorization will always work on any odd composite N
coprime to 3. *** eventually ***, NEVER on the first one I check.

How do _you_ select "the very first one you check" ?

I start at x=1 and increment by 1 for each iteration.
I find R = X^2 mod N
2 * R + N factors as 1 and 2 * R + N, so
f1 + f2 = 1 + 2 * R + N
Multiply by 3^-1 mod N
(f1 + f2) * [3^-1 mod N]
Y = ((f1 + f2) * [3^-1 mod N]) mod N
then check Y^2 mod N to see if it equals X ^2 mod N

If they are equal, then the factors of N will split between
(X+Y) mod N and (X-Y) mod N

Enrico
From: JSH on
On Nov 7, 7:58 pm, Enrico <ungerne...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Nov 7, 7:46 pm, JSH <jst...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > =====================================================

> > > One thing bothers me here - how do you test if a number is a
> > > quadratic
> > > residue modulo a composite N without knowing its prime factors first?
>
> > You don't.  That result simply explains why you only need to check one
> > trivial factorization.
>
> > Though it also does tell you that you should only use any particular
> > residues for f_1 and f_2 once.
>
> > > As N gets larger than 35, the list of quadratic residues gets
> > > unmanagably long.
>
> > >                                                               Enrico
>
> > You decided to only check trivial factorizations so you had f_1 = 1.
> > YOU decided.  Don't ask me why you decided to do that thing, but you
> > did.
>
> > Mathematically that runs into the reality that if a trivial
> > factorization will work, the very first one you check will work.
>
> > I simply corrected you.
>
> > The method is probabilistic.  There is NO reason to ever check to see
> > if 2q - f_1^2 is a quadratic residue modulo N, except curiosity.
>
> > But that guarantee helps people to understand the power of this
> > method.  It has an absolute check.
>
> > If 2q - f_1^2 is a quadratic residue modulo N, then it WILL work.
>
> > One thing that's important here is the reality of the denial in the
> > face of a fascinating method which actually has some extremely
> > intriguing mathematics associated with it!
>
> > My point is that many of you rip on and insult other people with the
> > absolute belief that they are worthless and their work is worthless in
> > a CLASS WAR.  You feel some people are a second class in comparison to
> > yourselves.
>
> > So to you these peasants aren't capable of important work so you
> > decide their research isn't important and here you are foot-dragging
> > with a powerful method!
>
> > You are nothing more than wannabe royalty.
>
> > I'm simply proving it in a dramatic way.  You're simply throwbacks to
> > a medieval age, who have your own dreams of ruling the world as a
> > dominant class with people like me beneath your feet.
>
> > Which is why you lie about math.
>
> > James Harris

> > Mathematically that runs into the reality that if a trivial
> > factorization will work, the very first one you check will work.
>
> This is not true.

Yes, it is. if 2q - f_1^2 is NOT a quadratic residue modulo N, then
you won't get the correct answer for k.

> A trivial factorization will always work on any odd composite N

No. It will not.

My guess is you're confused on the details.

If you're looking for q, such that q is a quadratic residue modulo N,
then you find f_1 and f_2 such that f_1*f_2 = 2q + jN, where j is a
nonzero integer.

With k^2 = q mod N, you will get k, from k = 3^{-1}(f_1 + f_2) iff 2q
- f_1^2 is a quadratic residue modulo N.

If you look only at f_1*f_2 where you have a trivial factorization,
then f_1 will not change, so if it doesn't work once, it will NEVER
work. (f_1 and f_2 are interchangeable)

> coprime to 3.  *** eventually ***, NEVER on the first one I check.

I have given an example where the trivial factorization DID work on
the first one I checked.

> How do _you_ select "the very first one you check" ?

I use 2q + N. j=1.

I GAVE an example.

> I start at x=1 and increment by 1 for each iteration.
> I find R = X^2 mod N
> 2 * R + N factors as 1 and 2 * R + N, so
> f1 + f2 = 1 + 2 * R + N
> Multiply by 3^-1 mod N
> (f1 + f2) * [3^-1 mod N]
> Y = ((f1 + f2) * [3^-1 mod N]) mod N
> then check Y^2 mod N to see if it equals X ^2 mod N
>
> If they are equal, then the factors of N will split between
> (X+Y) mod N and (X-Y) mod N
>
>                                           Enrico

I've explained the mathematics to you. It is a mathematical absolute--
unless I'm wrong--that 2q - f_1^2 MUST be a quadratic residue modulo N
for you to get the correct, such that k^2 = q mod N.

If that's wrong then my research is in serious trouble! If a
counterexample exists it should be easy for you to show one.

Oh, sorry but I have to add that I have seen cases where when faced
with absolute mathematics, people just kind of, make things up. It's
another way you can have mathematical proof and not get acceptance as
people claim problems that do not exist.

It is ANOTHER reason I went to the factoring problem, as with my other
research posters clearly understood that making things up could work
to prevent widespread knowledge of and acceptance of the research!

But it won't here. Yes, posters can deny the mathematics if they
wish, but it will not change anything.

It is your choice. If you all as a group wish to leave this
mathematics freely floating out there on the hopes no one will notice
then you are allowed to so act.

You've done so for a year. Maybe you wish another?

Remember your brain is what controls you. Reality is so much about
perception. You will tell yourselves whatever you need to hear, but
it does not mean that reality will not hold you accountable!

Fantasy cannot save you.

You are not royalty. You never were. You are not inherently better
than anyone else.

You are not noble blood. Let go of the fantasy!!! Let go.

James Harris

From: Enrico on
On Nov 7, 9:19 pm, JSH <jst...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> But it won't here.  Yes, posters can deny the mathematics if they
> wish, but it will not change anything.
>
> It is your choice.  If you all as a group wish to leave this
> mathematics freely floating out there on the hopes no one will notice
> then you are allowed to so act.
>
> You've done so for a year.  Maybe you wish another?
>
> Remember your brain is what controls you.  Reality is so much about
> perception.  You will tell yourselves whatever you need to hear, but
> it does not mean that reality will not hold you accountable!
>
> Fantasy cannot save you.
>
> You are not royalty.  You never were.  You are not inherently better
> than anyone else.
>
> You are not noble blood.  Let go of the fantasy!!!  Let go.
>
> James Harris- Hide quoted text -

>> How do _you_ select "the very first one you check" ?

Terrific.

How do you select the first q without using
the factors of N ?

(What you call q is what I call X^2 mod N)

Remember - I've got this whole thing on a speadsheet.
Conditional color coding to make the solutions
really obvious. I can type in any N and see the results
instantly. Most importantly - it duplicates your results
on the few examples you provided.

Experimental results trump theory unless the experiment
can be shown to be not a test of the theory. You'll want
that second option, which is why I gave you my algorithm.

Enrico
From: JSH on
On Nov 7, 9:11 pm, Enrico <ungerne...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Nov 7, 9:19 pm, JSH <jst...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

<deleted>

> [...]
> > wish, but it will not change anything.
>
> > It is your choice.  If you all as a group wish to leave this
> > mathematics freely floating out there on the hopes no one will notice
> > then you are allowed to so act.
>
> > You've done so for a year.  Maybe you wish another?
>
> > Remember your brain is what controls you.  Reality is so much about
> > perception.  You will tell yourselves whatever you need to hear, but
> > it does not mean that reality will not hold you accountable!
>
> > Fantasy cannot save you.
>
> > You are not royalty.  You never were.  You are not inherently better
> > than anyone else.
>
> > You are not noble blood.  Let go of the fantasy!!!  Let go.
>
> > James Harris- Hide quoted text -

> >> How do _you_ select "the very first one you check" ?
> >I use 2q + N.  j=1.
>
> Terrific.
>
> How do you select the first q without using

That's trivial. Just pick a quadratic residue.

I like to use the first non-perfect square quadratic residue, but
check to be sure that it doesn't share prime factors with N.

Like with my example I used 8^2 = 29 mod 35 because while 7^2 = 14 mod
35, is a non-perfect square 14 is not coprime to 35.

> (What you call q is what I call X^2 mod N)

Yeah the quadratic residue. I got that part.

> Remember - I've got this whole thing on a speadsheet.

Ok.

> Conditional color coding to make the solutions

Sounds really funky, and the significance escapes me.

> really obvious. I can type in any N and see the results
> instantly. Most importantly - it duplicates your results
> on the few examples you provided.

Including k=9, with N=35, gives q = 11, as 81 = 11 mod 35? But the
trivial factorization didn't work, so I used the non-trivial
factorization.

From what I saw you're only using the trivial factorization, so how
would you replicate an example using a non-trivial one?

> Experimental results trump theory unless the experiment

But not mathematical proof.

The concept of mathematical proof seems to be escaping you.

It's not like just having a theory. A mathematical proof trumps all
else.

If an argument fails it was not a proof!!!

> can be shown to be not a test of the theory. You'll want
> that second option, which is why I gave you my algorithm.
>
>                                                     Enrico

I like getting notice of errors. If I yell "mathematical proof" and
you can show a counterexample then I don't have a proof. And in
finding out why, I learn something.

Here it's an easy process and you keep doing weird stuff, like only
doing trivial factorizations.

My take on what you think the argument is, is that you will keep
shifting q, the quadratic residue, and you're trying to say you always
can get to one that will work, with the trivial factorization.

So, you're trying to test this with only the trivial factorization,
which should only work with diminishing probability as the number of
quadratic residues rises, which would confirm a deep internal need you
may have for this to work less the larger N is.

So you gamed it. You put in your own arbitrary thing--not what I said
to do--which I can explain easily will give diminishing returns as N
increases in size.

Do you understand why? It's trivial to explain.

James Harris