From: Alistair on
On Nov 5, 1:48 pm, Jo King <tshok...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 5 Nov., 11:25, fd1962 <delo...(a)web.de> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 4, 1:30 pm, Jo King <tshok...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > > A google search did not help me to find information about a Jackson
> > > Structured Programming preProcessor being available on z/OS. Most of
> > > the references are to CV's that show knowledge in COBOL and Java
> > > Server Pages...
>
> > I guess what you are looking for ishttp://www.jacksonworkbench.co.uk/jspcobol.htm
>
> Thanks for that link, but I do already know it, I was looking for a z/
> OS version. Yes I know that the code could be processed on Windows and
> transferred... but still would appreciate to find a mainframe version.
> Well if there is is nothing left from this old stuff, ok.

I don't know if this will be of any use at all....

Compuware (or Namic as they were also known by) used to sell a product
called XA-System which could be used to restructure spaghetti code in
to something resembling the structured code that JSP should have
produced (if you coded direct from the program structure diagrams
rather than using the pseudo-code stage). XA-System was expensive when
I came across it in the early 90s but the result was a work of art.

I did once meet Michael Jackson. He had sold off his interests in JSP
and JSD. I won't repeat what he said about JSD.
From: Jo King on
On 9 Nov., 13:39, Alistair <alist...(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Nov 5, 1:48 pm, Jo King <tshok...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > I guess what you are looking for ishttp://www.jacksonworkbench.co.uk/jspcobol.htm
>
> > Thanks for that link, but I do already know it, I was looking for a z/
> > OS version. Yes I know that the code could be processed on Windows and
> > transferred... but still would appreciate to find a mainframe version.
> > Well if there is is nothing left from this old stuff, ok.
>
> I don't know if this will be of any use at all....
>
> Compuware (or Namic as they were also known by) used to sell a product
> called XA-System which could be used to restructure spaghetti code in
> to something resembling the structured code that JSP should have
> produced (if you coded direct from the program structure diagrams
> rather than using the pseudo-code stage). XA-System was expensive when
> I came across it in the early 90s but the result was a work of art.
>
> I did once meet Michael Jackson. He had sold off his interests in JSP
> and JSD. I won't repeat what he said about JSD.

Thanks Alistair, no, it is not about restructuring "spagetti code", it
is about preprocessing JSP-COBOL code.

Looks like I'm not getting any hints, thanks anyway.