From: SudsMalone on
Hi,

I know a bit about JavaScript and a bit about Authorware and I am trying to
use Javascript in Authorware. I am stuck on something and can't seem to work
out how to get the value from an interaction icon using Javascript...

I know with Authorware it is : valueToRound := EntryText

My problem is that I am trying to round a value to the nearest whole number or
..5 ie 2.3 becomes 2 and 2.4 becomes 2.5 I can do it with Javascript code, I
don't know how to do it with Authorware (only to a whole number).

If you know how to round to a whole number or .5 in Authorware that would be a
huge bonus, otherwise I am just happy finding out how to get the value from an
interaction icon using Javascript

Help in either direction would be most appreciative!

Thanks

From: Chris Forecast on
"SudsMalone" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> If you know how to round to a whole number or .5 in Authorware that would
> be a huge bonus,

Something like:

roundedvalue:=Round(2*value)/2

should do it.

(presumably you'd want 2.3 rounded to 2.5 and not 2.0 though......)

Chris Forecast

From: SudsMalone on
Thanks Chris! I only just worked out an answer using INT and Round, a much longer way of doing it than what you came up with!!! Thanks a lot! Most appreciated

Pages: 1
Prev: Change published icon
Next: Authoware Webplayer