From: Dale Collins on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 07:53:12 -0700, ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>ray wrote:
>>On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 02:50:54 -0500, photomann123(a)hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Testing, test.
>>
>>There are several 'test' groups. What's the point of posting a test here
>>if you have nothing to say?
>
>With many ISPs currently dropping their usenet offerings, people are being
>forced to use other servers, some of which are read-only, therefore a simple
>test to confirm access to this forum.

You'll have to excuse the resident "Barney Fife"-mentality trolls, like
Daffy Duck, et.al. They mean well (in their own small minds) but all they
manage to do is constantly prove how ignorant and foolish they are. Which
works out well. Now you'll know which ones to kill-file first before even
posting or replying with anything on-topic.

I do the same thing with any discussion forums when I first join them to
ask a question or two. I first check the post count of anyone replying to a
question of mine. If their post counts are upwards of thousands, then I
know it's just the usual resident role-playing armchair-expert trolls that
have taken up residence there, parroting what they've read elsewhere,
having no valid information nor experience relating to the real-world
whatsoever. They wear their high post-counts like some badge of honor. When
in reality all it means is that they have no real experience with any
topics except for their familiarity with keyboards.

It's fun to use Google Groups and plug in a nym being used in these groups
to check their usenet post counts. You'd be surprised just how many
arm-chair-expert role-playing trolls with zero real-life experience are in
residence.

From: SneakyP on
NGBarfart <ngbarfart(a)ngflatulence.net> wrote in news:ngbarfart-
B607EB.12260126062010(a)nntp.charter.net:

> Now that is ironic advice, coming from the most obnoxious troll in this
> group.
>
> How is the mushroom crop doing in the basement?

Who? Hamster keeps killfiling the idiot.

<lol>

From: John Navas on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 02:50:54 -0500, in
<9qydnXNUzZ_DLLjRnZ2dnUVZ_ridnZ2d(a)powerusenet.com>,
photomann123(a)hotmail.com (photomann123(a)hotmail.com) wrote:

>Testing, test.

Unfortunately, your test failed: Your post showed up here, instead of a
test newsgroup. Your newsreader appears to be posting to the wrong
group.

Seriously, in the future, please use a test newsgroup (e.g., alt.test,
comp.test, microsoft.public.test, misc.test, rec.test, regional test
newsgroup, test newsgroup set up by your ISP) -- that's what they are
there for, and you'll get the additional benefit of automatic
confirmations by various remote servers.

See "Where to post test messages" (regularly posted to
news.newusers.questions): <http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/test.shtml>.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams